Chapter 9

I head back to the table once Sang goes back to work, and I'm furious

I head back to the table once Sang goes back to work, and I'm furious. My hands are shaking, itching to punch someone out. I make Corey swap seats with me so I can see her properly because if one fucking jackass so much as looks at her wrong, I'm going to kick his ass. Not even Uncle will be able to stop me.

I want to quit my job and become her fucking babysitter so no more dickhead guys can get anywhere near her. Want to pay your bill? You'll do it with a bag over your head so you don't upset me. Some of these fucking notes are ridiculous, and it makes me sick.

"What was happening over there?" Corey asks, and I want to punch him. But that's not fair. "Brandon?"

I sigh, but fill him in on the notes she was getting. Once I'm done, Raven jumps up and storms over to her.

"What is wrong with people?" Nathan asks. We all shake our heads not having an answer. People fucking suck.

"North is monitoring them," I say, thankful my brother has been on the ball. Even if he hasn't told the rest of us. "He's making sure no academy men leave her a note, so at least if they do we can report them. People are fucking awful."

"I'm glad he's on the ball," Nathan replies, echoing my thoughts.

"She sure is causing trouble," Gabe says, as he brings us our food.

"It's not her fault," Corey tells him, sounding extremely defensive. Interesting.

"It's not," I echo. "Despite making me seriously pissed off, it's not her fault at all. North can be the one to tell Owen and Axel though." He should have done it weeks ago.

"I fucking second that," Gabe says before walking off. He's been in a bit of a mood today, but I don't know why. Someone should check in with him.

Corey is watching Raven flirt with Sang, and I'm pleased that my brother doesn't seem upset or worried about it. I worry... even though it's not my relationship and they've been in it for like five years now and they are more than good. They're solid. I just want my brother to be happy—it's all I've ever wanted.

I glance over at the Russian, and a small smile appears. Fine. I want both brothers to be happy—but I'm not thinking about that statement any deeper. It's fucked up.

"Raven, food," I shout over. Nathan doesn't care, and Corey's finding it amusing. I'm not. He nods and tries to pull Sang over the counter, and she shakes her head giggling before he sighs and comes over to us. Glad we're second in his fucked up head.

He sits down next to Corey and we eat our food in silence. I hear Sang giggle every so often, and it's usually when Luke or Gabe go over to flirt with her. She doesn't even realise that they're flirting though. She's sweet, and nice, and I feel like a fucking asshole for making her think I didn't like her.

I can't help but compare her to Kayli, and it makes me happy to know that she's better than Kayli in every single way. I'm actually looking forward to spending the day with her on Saturday—even if it's at a shopping mall with Gabe.