『9』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙷𝙾𝚁𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙴 𝙼𝙰𝙵𝙸𝙰

Start from the beginning

"You have every right to question my motive," I said instead.

We both collided in a heated kiss, my fingers grazing into her hair before she pushed me away even harder. She staggered away, shaking her head as a tear streamed down her cheek.

"Dammit," I uttered, disgruntled.

"What the fuck, Harry," Carmen whispered, screwing her eyes closed.

"Forget it. Just forget it happened."

"Agreed." She bitterly said, indifferent to my words.

There was yet another silence between us, nothing but our heavy breathing.

"We're going to get out of here." My tone was promising, though I couldn't seem to trust my own words myself. "I know I'm not the man I come out to be, not when I'm without her."

"Dixie." She concluded, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"I love her. Look, this... This wasn't right, you do know that, do you?"

"No shit. I'm sorry, alright? It's this place, this fucking place. I'm sure none of us can stay still here for long."

"Arguably, Vera and Max can stay absolutely anywhere just as long as they're together."

"You heard the moaning again in the other room last night too?" Carmen tilted her head in confusion.

"I'm sure we all did." I held my forehead in my hand. "If we get the CB radio running soon, we can dial in Zayn for sure somehow. That way, we can get a newspaper, anything. If we're favorable, we'll be able to find liberation."

"And the cops? What are we going to do with the cops?"

"Nothing to invigorate them any further when we're out in the open. But we'll buy time, indefinitely. Think of it this way, the ocean's current can only take you to so many shorelines. They hadn't even known we left by water, and it'll be a matter of time until they do. When they do find out, they'll surely search every possible stopover for evidence; credit cards, security camera footage, anything. When we do find liberation—and we will, that driven detective is going to stop at nothing to make sure we surrender to imprisonment."

"We'll be free. With the cost of consequences." She concluded, sighing.

"Now this was something I warned you all of happening." I replied.

"Well what was I doing when you ran this by us?" Carmen chuckled.

"It was upon you to wrap your head around it, and you hadn't."

"Whatever." She frowned.

"Guys! Guys, the CB radio's up and at 'em." Max said, puffing on a J. "Finally. That jacked old thing."

"Brilliant." I exhaled, as Carmen glared over at me with crossed arms.

"Um? What happened, man?" He pointed at his own lip.

"Carmen happened," I said. "Anyway, the next move awaits. So bring on the backlash."

"Whatever that means." Max shrugged, cluelessly.

"Men." She remarked in a reiterated tone.

We all rushed into the other room, leaning over the table where the unsteady whirring CB radio sat.

"Our safest bet, here. I'd have to say." Max nodded.

"Is that all you've got to say? What was the hold up on this thing anyway?" Carmen frowned.

"The electricity in this place isn't exactly reliable." He chuckled as I slightly snickered with him.

"You clever son of a gun." I rubbed his head, his hair ending up a disheveled mess.

"Lima beans and water has to be the culprit. I'm calling it." She tiredly said. "I'm taking a fucking nap."

________________________________________________

A/N: i love flashback chapters ngl hehehehe
- mia