12: Bake something delicious

Start from the beginning

"Let's go home and make some cookie sandwiches, right?" I cheered and grabbed Jungkook's arm and dragged him along me down the street.

I was busy unpacking the ingredients from the bags and putting them onto the kitchen island in Jungkook's apartment while he was busy finding something less warm than his hoodie to change into.

I made the waiting time pass by getting out the kitchen utensils we needed for mixing and baking the cookies too. Despite the many years Jungkook and I had been best friends I still had trouble finding specific things in his kitchen. It might've been because we almost always hung out at my apartment.

As Jungkook came back from his room in a t-shirt and sweatpants, I asked him to grab a cup for me since I had grown thirsty and only tall people were living in this apartment. But to be fair, what people put glasses on the top shelf?

He grabbed it and filled it with some freshly cold water from the fridge, then handed it to me.

"So, how do we start?" He thought out loud as I was busy chucking the water down my throat.

I grabbed my phone from the countertop and gave it to him. He quickly skimmed the website with the recipe, probably not reading any of it before grabbing the bowl and seeking my help already.

I let out a snicker before putting down the glass and walking to grab the flour and measure it in the bowl.

Most of the time Jungkook just stood next to me, looking at and observing the way I carefully poured in the ingredients, sure to not put too much or too little in.

"Wanna help?" I questioned, stopping my motions of mixing the egg, sugar and butter together.

"Well how am I supposed to? Looks like a one-man job."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Those good at making excuses are seldom good for anything else."

"Oh come on." He said and extended his arm to grab the bowl, but I was quick to avoid his attempt.

"So you're accusing me of not helping and now that I wanna help, you don't want it?" He spoke with a fake offended tone in his voice.

"You don't want to help, you just don't like it when I comment the fact that you always make excuses and that you're not good at everything." I spat sassily while I kept on mixing the cream that the dry ingredients were going to be poured into in a minute.

"Oh you're bold." Jungkook glared at me with a face that would intimidate me if I didn't already know him.

"I am?" I huffed, putting down the bowl on the table and searching for the bowl with dry ingredients to mix it into the wet ingredients.

I grabbed the bowl, but Jungkook did too.

I looked at him with a weirded expression and gestured to the bowl in front of me which it needed to be mixed with.

Jungkook let go of the bowl and let me pour it in.

I slowly started stirring, not minding Jungkook as he got behind me and suddenly laid his hand over mine and helped me stirring the dough.

I stiffened at the touch. His chin lowered and rested onto my shoulder. His arms were basically wrapped around me as he helped me hold the bowl with the one hand and helped me mix the dough with the other.

A spark inside me coursed through my body and made my skin grow hot everywhere possible and I felt the blood rush in my cheeks grow more and more visible.

"Breathe." Jungkook said almost with a chuckle, noticing my tense body and lack of inhaling - for once not because of my illness.

Because Jungkook had that effect on me.