~ ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 1 ~ 𝕒𝕟 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣

Ponyboy's P: It's been a couple of weeks since Mevis left and I've been missing her, I keep thinking if she's ever gonna come back and why couldn't she stay a bit longer. I take the gun she gave me in my jacket. Two-bit and Steve are always bothering me about her, I always denied whatever they said because if I told the truth I would be in a heap of trouble. Not the actual punishment that Darry would give me if I didn't finish my homework, but them slugging and annoying me about it till I die. It was six o'clock at night, I was playing cards with Johnny, his parents were fighting again so he's staying the night. Soda was cleaning the dishes and Darry was reading the newspaper. I said, "I win." Johnny said surprised, "Wait how?" I said with a grin, "I got no more cards left." Johnny sighed and said as he put his cards down, "Fine." We heard a knock on the door and I said, "I'll get it." I walked over to the door and when I opened it, Mevis hugged me. I thought, why was she here? The next thing I knew she was crying. I said, "Mevis?" Darry put down his newspaper and Soda said from the kitchen, "Who's at the door?" Johnny said, "It's Mevis." She was still crying and I was so confused. I said, "What's wrong and why are you crying?" Everyone looked concerned and she wiped her tears. She said that her dad was coming to visit and that she didn't want to see him. I remember when she told me she had a stepdad and that her parents divorced. Mevis pleaded if she could stay and Darry let her.