Chapter 23

Lola's PoV
I woke up in Matthews arms. His mouth open slightly and his breathing even. Last night was... not like me. I'm not weak and vulnerable and I'm not the sort of person who hates being alone but last night was different. It's like the wine effected me and made me the complete opposite. Which has never happened before. And I can tell you now if I had been fully sober there was no way in hell I would be led in my boss's arms right now. Part of me is quite happy that I had a drink and ended up here but the other part of me is regretting it. There is no doubt Matthew is effecting me in ways I haven't been effected. Take now for instance. Looking at him asleep makes my belly do weird fluttery things and I know that Matthew is not the type to have a girlfriend. So me getting these feelings is a no no and I need to back the hell off. Carefully, I climb out of the bed and head towards the kitchen. I'm really craving coffee and pancakes.

Matthews PoV
There was no denying the nerves that were in my stomach. The music began playing and the big oak doors opened. I turned around and saw the woman in white walking down the aisle. The veil covering her face to make it impossible to see her. Steadily she made her way toward me and my best man and stepped up onto the platform in front of the vicar and beside me. She faced me but not once did she take the veil off her face. I tried to see her face through it but it was almost impossible. The words 'you may kiss your bride' were said and the woman began to lift her veil off her head. Slowly she lifted it and....

My eyes shot open, what the fuck was that?
Never in my 25 years of living have I had a dream about a fucking wedding. My wedding. Not to mention the fact I didn't even see the brides face. I rub my eyes with my fingertips and freeze as I hear humming from the kitchen.
Lola.
I almost forgot she was here. I peel the covers off me and stroll out to the coffee smelling kitchen not even caring that I'm in a pair of white Calvin Klein boxers and nothing else. I smirk when I see Lola by the stove flipping pancakes in nothing but my white button shirt. She has her hair in a messy bun and hums a familiar song. Completely oblivious to my presence I decide to creep up behind her. I walk behind her and grab her by her hips and kiss her neck. Why I did that I do not know but She jumps and moves her head for me to gain more access. Smirking she turns around to face me.
"I could get used to waking up to this" I say seductively.
"I'm sure you could" she laughs and walks off grabbing a plate and dishing up. I take a seat as she hands me a plate and a mug of black coffee. She then places a small jug of milk in front of me and some sugar.
"I don't know how you like your coffee so I just made a black and I'll let you do the rest"
I add the milk and sugar and raise my brows at her.
"I kinda thought I'd treat you to breakfast and I thought it'd be good for your abandoned kitchen to be used" she says as though she can read my mind.
She has a point. I'm either too lazy too tired or too busy to cook and breakfast is a miss unless I grab it when I'm traveling to work. So to actually sit in my kitchen and actually eat breakfast is nice.
"You didn't need to go to all the trouble, Thankyou though" I smile at her.
"It's not a problem." She says as she begins eating her pancakes.
Once breakfast is finished and we've cleaned up she runs off to get changed.
She returns dressed and with her bag and phone in her had. She slides the bag on her shoulder and sighs.
"Thankyou for everything and for letting me stay over and I'm sorry for intruding, I guess the wine got to me a little even though I wasn't drunk. But I'm sorry you had to put up with-"
"Lola, Lola stop apologising there's no need to apologise and no need to thank me. It was my pleasure and I should be the one thanking you seen as you made me breakfast." I smirk.
She looks at me for the first time since she returned from getting dressed and smiles.
"Anyway I'll be off, but thanks for everything" she says
"Wait, I'll drop you off I know you never brought your car"
"No it's fine, I'll call a cab"
"Wait there and I'll get changed"

Lola's PoV
He returned 5 minuets later in jeans and a jumper. (Picture above) Never have I seen him in anything but a suit except for last night when he was in joggers and joggers alone. he grabbed his keys off the side and said
"Ready?"
I nodded in response and we walked to his garage. There was about 6 cars all lined up.
"All of them are yours?" I say shocked.
"What can I say, I like cars"
"Ha. I can see that"
He presses a button and one of the cars beep and flash. Guess we're taking the black Mercedes. He opens my door for me...wait what?
"Your opening my door?" There was no hiding the shock in my voice.
"I surprised myself never mind you" he replied.
Once were in he starts the car and swiftly pulls out of the extremely large garage. The drive takes about 10 minuets due to morning traffic and we sit in silence the whole way there. He brings the car to a stop outside my apartment and looks at me.
"Thank you for everything Matthew. Me just barging in on you like that and letting me stay over and dropping me off, I really appreciate it thank you"
"Lola its fine seriously"
I smile at him and begin to get out the car but before I do Matthews hand grabs my wrist.
"Oh and one more thing" he says before his lips crash down on mine in a passionate kiss.
"There will be serious consequences if I catch you walking round my kitchen in nothing but my shirt, getting me all worked up by looking so sexy I think you owe me dinner after that little parade you pulled." He smirked and gave me one last Kiss before he pulled away. I climbed out of the car speechless and as soon as I shut the car door he sped off.
What. The. Fuck. Was. That.