Chapter. 4

Aliyah tagged behind the group as Edmund's words from the day before rang in her head from time to time. How can he be so accurate with all the things he said about her? It was a new day for them to search for the Narnians and Aliyah barely feel her feet anymore. She was just following the group as Peter leads them aimlessly until Susan's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"I don't remember this way."

"That's the problem with girls." Peter teased her, "They can't carry maps in their heads."

"That's because our heads have something in them." Lucy joined in the conversation.

Edmund did not join in the fun but rather enjoyed watching his siblings debating on whose head was better. He looked behind and saw Aliyah deep in thoughts. His brown eyes found hers as she looked up at him with a half-smile which he returned in a similar way. He knew she was affected by the words he said the day before and he blamed himself for being so impulsive and letting his emotions get ahead of him.

"I wish he would just listened to the D.L.F in the first place." Susan said loudly, not fearing that Peter would hear it.

"D.L.F?" Edmund asked, looking rather confused.

"Dear little friend." both Lucy and Aliyah replied at the same time. The three girls smiled at each other at their expected chemistry with one another.

"Oh, that's not at all patronizing, is it?" Trumpkin asked grumpily at Edmund who let out a small laugh and carried on walking.

"I'm not lost." Peter told himself as he stood in front of a dead end.

"No," said Trumpkin as he joined Peter while the rest caught up with them from behind, "You're just going the wrong way."

"You last saw Caspian at the Shuddering Woods and the quickest way there is to cross at the River Rush." Peter told him, insisting he is right and Aliyah can predict that this conversation is not going to end well.

"But unless I've mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts." Trumpkin told him, the tension between them building up again.

"That's explains it then." Peter replied, his tone full of authority, "You're mistaken."

When Peter was about to turn and continue walking, someone finally spoke. It was as if Susan, Edmund, Lucy and Aliyah did know who Peter was anymore. The friendly and kind High King Peter, their brother, their friend, was gone. In front of them was another person, someone that they feel distant with and filled with arrogance.

"But we're back here again, the third time not to mention." Aliyah spoke up and she saw Trumpkin gave her a thankful nod.

"Why not you lead us then?" Peter challenged her. "Since you're so sure of it."

"I'm just stating facts." Aliyah retaliated. She was not going to let him intimidate her.

"And what makes you think I will listen to a someone who's been here less than a week? Besides you are just a stranger in Narnia." Peter questioned her.

Aliyah turned away from him and walked towards the cliff and looked afar, trying to calm herself down after being put back to her place by the High King of Narnia. He was right after all. She is a nobody in this foreign land.

"Peter," said Susan, looking extremely horrified at his brother's reply, "You shouldn't have said that!"

"Things can change in Narnia, Pete. Especially 1300 years have passed. You can't expect the route to remain the same back in the Golden Age." Edmund reminded his brother.

He has always been the second voice in his head since back in the days when they ruled Narnia. His judgements never fail on him before as he lives up to his title as King Edmund the Just and Peter always listened to his advices but not this time.