Chapter. 8

Edmund and Aliyah followed behind the minotaur quietly as he led the two of them into the stone table chamber that was crowded with Narnians and Aliyah recognized the four people in the middle of the room, looking stressed out. Everyone turned their attention and look at the two as they entered.

"What's the matter?" Edmund asked Peter after looking at his younger sister's troubled face.

"A scout has been discovered." Susan told them, "He was sent by Miraz."

"They must have followed us here through the forest." Aliyah stated.

"It's only a matter of time Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." said Peter as he addressed everyone.

"What do you propose we do, your majesty?" The mouse who Aliyah saw back in the forest asked Peter. She later learned that his name is Reepicheep.

"We need to get ready for -"

"To start planning for -"

New versus the Old. The entire chamber fell silent as the two monarchs spoke at the same time, interrupting each other's speeches. Everyone could feel the tension increasing between the two and watched to see who would finally give in.

And expected, Caspian did.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter continued to reveal his plan.

"That's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle." Caspian objected.

"There's always a first time." Peter told him.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin added on, supporting the High King.

"But we have the advantage here!" Caspian argued.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan gave her point of view and Aliyah agreed with them. The idea of attacking a castle does not seemed to be a full proof plan after all but Peter's expression clearly indicated that he is opposed to their comments.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." A badger voiced out as he bowed to his King.

"I value your humble opinion, Trufflehunter but I truly believe that making the first move will give us a significant advantage in proving to them that Narnians are far more powerful and courageous than they realize." Peter explained and he faced Caspian afterwards, continuing, "Look, Caspian. I appreciate what you've done here but this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb."

"Yes. And if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund said logically as he and Aliyah sat side by side against one of the pillars in the chamber.

Aliyah gave him a disapproving look but he continued quietly, "Believe or not. We will still be going ahead with Peter's plan. The decision has already been made before he starts this council."

"How can you be so sure?" Aliyah asked back.

"He's my brother. We ruled together for fifteen years. I would have known his next move by now." Edmund reasoned.

"We could collect nuts!" A squirrel suggested.

"Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines! Shut up!" Reepicheep said sarcastically. He then turned to Peter with his small head bowed and continued, "I think you know where I stand, sire."

With a determined expression on his face, Peter approached a centaur by the name of Glenstorm. "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

"Or die trying, my liege." He answered respectfully. He was willing to serve his King in life or death.