Chapter. 1

With one hand nocking the arrow securely on her bow, Aliyah positioned herself behind the shooting line and kept her eyes fixed at the target, waiting for the signal to be given before she released her last shot. In one swift motion, her arrow became in contact with the target, strong and secured with no means of falling off the target board. She grinned to herself upon seeing where her arrow had landed; Bullseyes indeed.

"Not bad. I'm impressed Aliyah. You have improved so much." Aliyah turned to face the girl who came to walk beside her after leaving the practice arena.

"I've been practicing, Susan. In order to be on par with your skills." Aliyah sat down on the bench, drenched and gulping down a bottle of water that was being offered to her by her friend. Susan Pevensie was the only one in her archery class in Saint Finbar's who is willing to talk to her although she is one year older than Aliyah. Many people found her character to be eccentric and introverted. No one cared to start a conversation with her because they knew she will just answer with a word of two and that marks the end of the conversation. Susan found it difficult at first to start and hold a conversation with her too however, it does not seem to be as difficult as it should have been thanks to one person in particular.

"Are you catching the last train with us today? Peter and Edmund are waiting for us at the train station." A younger voice came from the side. Aliyah immediately knew who the voice belongs to; Lucy Pevensie, the youngest of all Pevensie siblings who is two years younger than her and the first ever person that showed her there is still humanity in this dark world she lived in. She would occasionally drop by the archery arena to visit Susan and Aliyah whenever she has free time on her timetable.

"I am." replied Aliyah, smiling as she joined the two sisters as they made their way to the train station, "I wouldn't want to stay overnight in this old and daunting school."

Besides Susan and Lucy, Aliyah knew that they have two more brothers; Peter and Edmund whom she sees everyday as she travels with them back and forth from home to school vice versa. To her, Peter have been the brother whom she always wanted; protective and polite. From time to time, she envied both Susan and Lucy for having a pillar of support and strength in their family despite that their country is in the midst of a war.

That is a just yet another reminder to her that, she is alone.

On the other hand, Edmund, who is of the same age and happens to be in the same class as her, has always been so quiet and mysterious. Both of them did not even hold a proper conversation before despite being classmates with one another for nearly a year. Aliyah just concluded that he is soft spoken like her or he is just not interested in her like the rest of her schoolmates.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was a beautiful house, a house that everyone dreamed of to live in for the rest of their lives. The living room was the first room when entering the house. The room was filled with very lively furniture. Comfortable leather couches, colorful rugs over the bare wood floor, and a large display case with pictures, books, and many memories of friends and family. Further down the living room came the dining room into sight. It was as if a perfect residence for anyone who dreamt of it. However, there goes a saying of 'Never Judge the Book by its cover'. The house maybe everyone's dream to be lived in but people would never know what was like 'staying' in that extravagant house of the Spenvesons, except for Aliyah.

"Aliyah Hurdwood!" yelled a voice of a woman from the dining table, "What a timing. Finally, you are back."

It was a Monday night and the Spenvesons were having their dinner together as usual and that was the worse timing that Aliyah hated to be back because she knew there will be tons of work waiting for her to do. Naturally, as if it is her own habit, she dropped her bag in her small attic room and went back to the dining table and nope, having her dinner is definitely not in her to do list.