「thoughtful gifts」

"how did you enjoy it?" your guardian asked you as you two drove back home

"how did you enjoy it?" your guardian asked you as you two drove back home. you assumed that 'it' mean the take-your-kid-to-work day.

"it was... good!" you said, lying and biting your tongue. your guardian raised their eyebrows in response but didn't pursue the topic.

"how did meeting your online friends go?" your guardian asked, and you smiled at the memories.

"wait," you frowned, "didn't you ask me this already? or do i have the memory of a... fish or something??"

"if i asked you this question already, then i wouldn't be asking you right now." your guardian sighed, steering the car and making a sharp turn.

you gripped onto your seat. "well, what if you also have a bad memory?" you responded, and your guardian shot you an icy, surprised glare through the interior mirror. you immediately shut your mouth, looking out of the window and taking in the scenery for the umpteenth time that day.

"OOH, WAIT!" you shouted, causing your guardian to jump in surprise and almost crash into the rail surrounding the highway.

"...what is it, now?" your guardian said, gritting their teeth as they recovered from the sudden shout and near-crash.

you murmured a quick "sorry" before continuing to speak to your guardian.
"can we stop by like, a small chocolate shop real quick? i need to pick something up."

"for what?" your guardian asked, their hands now steady on the steering wheel.
"or rather, who?" they said rather nonchalantly, and you crossed your arms.

"doesn't matter." you replied hastily, the tip of your ears flushing a bright red. your guardian chuckled, and you silently cursed at yourself.

"alright, then." your guardian smiled. "i suppose we can stop by... a chocolate store or whatnot."

you smiled, taking out your phone and scrolling through endless swarms of online posts while your guardian continued to steer until they pulled over in a small parking lot.

you had begun to doze off before you were vigorously shaken awake.

"come on, wake up. you had to go pick something up, did you not?"

"yeah..." you yawned, remembering the small lie you had told your guardian in order to keep your cover. you grinned as you looked up at the chocolate store, with the exterior being a monochromatic color scheme of mainly browns and tans, with some white sprinkled in -- the exterior slightly resembled a s'more.

you entered the building, with the door giving off its usual chime typically heard in cafes and other cozy buildings. you gasped, looking at the building's interior. it had everything and owned practically all the types of chocolates.

"well," your guardian entered right behind you, "go ahead and text them. your friends. their favorite kinds of chocolate."

"what do you mean?" you said, pretending to not know what your guardian was talking about.

"besides, i want it to be a surprise." you thought to yourself, rushing over to the bags section and picking out a cute bag to place all your gifts in. it was a pastel blue bag with a pastel rainbow and fluffy clouds as the main image. you began strolling through the store, carefully scanning each type of chocolate.

"i feel like lucifer would be the type to like some dark chocolate, slightly bitter..." you murmured, delicately placing two boxes in your bag. you continued roaming through the store, your eyes widening when they landed on chocolate coins. you immediately snatched those, grinning.

"yeah, mammon would definitely like these!" you exclaimed, placing some in your bag. you were just about to look for more chocolate for the rest of your brothers when your phone buzzed. you took it out to see a notification from levi.

L3VI

L3VI:
wyd??
im so bored
cheer me up normie

y/n:
stfu im out shopping smh
what chocolate do you like??

L3VI:
thats so random
i thought we already ended the valentine's day convo
in the gc

y/n:
IDK I JUST THOUGHT OF THE QUESTION
IM SO CURIOUS

L3VI:
well
tbh idrc
maybe those little milk chocolate things
with a bit of coconut on them
or orange-flavored too?? is that a thing?
but yeah idrc
IF THEY HAVE RURI-CHAN CHOCOLATES THEN GET THOSE

y/n:
and satan??

L3VI:
mint chocolate
i think

y/n:
okieee
and beel?

L3VI:
you know beel
he's fine with ANYTHING

y/n:
teeheeee ok
aaand belphie?

L3VI:
tbh idk
get him like
semisweet choco or something

y/n:
OKKK
AND DIA??

L3VI:
iirc
mulk chocolate??
milk*
but i think he also likes some bitter
yeah tbh idk

y/n:
BARBIE TOES??

L3VI:
he'd be fine with anything

y/n:
LUKE??
MY SON?

L3VI:
also fine with anything
tbh i think he prefers like
cakes and stuff
but whatever

y/n:
okkkkkk
more scouting then
SIMEON AND SOLOMON??

L3VI:
simeon's ok with anything
solomon gives me bittersweet vibes

y/n:
GOTCHUUUU
OK THANKS LEVI

L3VI:
that was so random tho

y/n:
IKKK
BUT LIKE I SAID IM SHOPPING RN
I ALSO WANNA TRY THE CHOCOLATE FLAVORS THAT EVERYONE LIKES
I'LL PLAY WITH YOU LATER LEVIIII

L3VI:
you better keep that promise, normie

you giggled, turning off your phone. while you were texting levi, you had strolled through the entire room attempting to locate their favorite kinds of chocolate. beel's was a bit hard to decide on, but you managed to find a few bags of cute chocolate teddy bears that you were certain that beel would enjoy.

"i'm reaaaaady!" you signaled to your guardian, who approached the cashier and helped you to pay. you walked out with numerous bags filled with chocolate, and you heard your guardian mutter something about not letting it go to waste.

"oh, don't worry." you smirked.

"it's definitely not gonna go to waste."