&

As the week dragged on, the tears were forgotten amongst the ever growing pile of paperwork on your desk. Your company sure knows how to break in a new transfer. It doesn't help that you're coming from headquarters and that "the stuff at this office shouldn't be nearly as challenging," by which your superior means "if you can't do it fast enough, you'll look stupid by comparison."

Though you promised Yuri the two of you would start house hunting this week, you've had zero time and negative energy to even look at listings or contact an agent within working hours. Your energy levels are also not being aided by your boyfriend sneaking into your room every night to get his dick wet.

So, when Saturday morning rolls around and you wake to a phone call telling you to get dressed to go apartment viewing, you're surprised to find that Yuri has already lined up everything.

"I did a bunch of research at work when it was slow. The bookstore isn't exactly bustling, you know." he answers easily when you have to confess you have nothing planned.

Apparently, he drew up a spreadsheet to compare the best options between time to work, cost to rent, and space to live before he even set up an appointment with an agent.

He's turning out to be much more reliable than you expected. However, he is only barely as mature as you imagined when it comes to gauging the suitability of a property. Just as you worried, he loves every place because all he sees in his mind are wonderful domestic fantasies in every corner.

But you see plenty of issues and compromises that have to be made with each place. More than the kitchen being two narrow for two people or the bathtub being too small though, you soon realise you'll need two rooms to be comfortable with him studying, or at least extra space to put his desk.

By the end of the afternoon, you agree you'll have to start from scratch, but Yuri doesn't want to wait another week to go looking again, so he stays up half the night to revise the list of places. He wants you in his arms every night as soon as possible, even though he's sneaking into your room over the balcony every night anyway.

Sunday morning he turns up at your bedroom door with a new agenda of visits, so you pull yourself out of bed to meet the agent once more. Though the apartments he selected avoid the issues discussed yesterday, they aren't without a few major flaws.

As the two of you are dropped off at home by the agent, you can sense how discouraged Yuri is. Cuddling up on the sofa and pulling him down to rest his pretty head in your lap, you reassure him that you'll find what you're looking for soon enough.

"I know... but I feel like I'm failing you, Nee-chan..." he mumbles and casts his gaze off to the floor.

"Because you can't see the issues I can spot easily?"

Yeah... it reminds me how little I know, how little experience I have, how much of a kid I still am..."

"Yuri, you're not failing me by not knowing the ins and outs of something you've never done even once in your life. You lack experience, and that is certainly a reflection of your situation and age, but there are plenty of thirty-year-olds who's first house hunting experience isn't until they get married."

"I guess..." he mutters, clearly unconvinced.

"You are young and lack experience, but that isn't nearly as important as the attitude you have towards new experiences. I've known too many people who, no matter what age, insist they know best at every turn and refuse to learn."

He tugs at a loose string on the cushion he holds against his stomach, only half listening while he wallows in his feelings.

Poking his forehead, you steal his attention. "You could have just as easily argued with me today when I pointed out certain things I thought would be problematic, but you didn't. You listened and tried to see where I was coming from and trusted that I knew from experience what a pain it would be. That's called maturity, and that's what matters. Not the number."