Can We Grow

"Mama, did you forget something?" Yuri calls from him room as he hears footsteps pad up the stairs.

Getting up from where he lies on the bed reading the latest issue of Shounen Jump, he cracks open the door to his bedroom expecting his mother to ask him for something.

Blinking in surprise, he drops the magazine on the floor and pulls you into a hug so tight you can hardly breathe. "Nee-chan♡, are you here to see me?!" he asks almost in disbelief. "I thought you had a welcome party at work tonight since it was your first day. I was planning to pick you up at the station afterwards because it's dangerous to walk around at night by yourself."

He isn't the least bit condescending in tone. His voice is tender and sweet, but you're too distracted by something else to hear it. "How did you know I would be late?" you ask and step out of his embrace.

"Oh, your mom told me. 'Your girlfriend has a party to go to after work, so she'll probably be home late.'" he mimics your mother's chirpy tone.

"Why didn't you go to the dinner?" he queries and tilts his head. A dark glimmer flashes in his eyes for a moment before he makes a guess. "Did you miss me so much you turned them down?"

He laughs it off when you give him an unimpressed glare. "It was postponed," you tell him as he brushes loose bits of hair from your face. "No one throws a welcome party on a Monday."

"Yeah, that's what your mom said too," he agrees with a giddy smile.

"Why did you have to go and blab to my mom anyway, Yuri?" you frown. He didn't even ask you if it was okay. He hasn't even asked you to be his girlfriend in the first place.

Brat.

"Because I wanted to let her know. I always wanted everyone in the neighbourhood to see you as my girlfriend..." he says and fidgets bashfully. "And my mom was really happy!!" Yuri smiles with so much pride he doesn't even see your scowl.

Looking down the hall to the stairs, he comments, "Didn't you see her on your way in? She was just on her way out to meet some friends for drinks when you came by."

When he turns back to you, he finally catches on that you are less than pleased and begins to backtrack. "Of course, I didn't say anything about last night!!!"

Resting his hand on your lower back, he leans in next to your ear and whispers, "That's our little secret," before straightening up and explaining that he only told them he asked you out and that you said okay. "So, there's nothing to worry about!"

You shove his hand off and cross your arms.

"What are you upset about? Did I do something wrong?"

"My dad is ready to skin you alive. He's over there sharpening his knife right now. I think he heard you last night, and now that he knows who was fucking his baby, he isn't exactly pleased."

"Shit... I shouldn't have said anything... They say a secret romance is hotter anyway!! Oh God, I fucked up..." Yuri mumbles through his fingers as he cradles his head in his palms.

"Anyway, I'm not upset about that," you start.

"Huh?"

"Take a seat, Yuri. We need to talk."

"Oh, okay... Well, ladies first..." he says meekly and ushers you to the bed. Facing across from him, you pull your legs up and make yourself comfortable.

He hums as he looks you over, a soft smile tugging at his pretty features. "Brings back old memories sitting like this with you, Nee-chan. Whenever you'd help me with my math homework, we'd sit together like this while you explained it to me."