Chapter Forty Six

Começar do início

The minute those words left Willow's lips, two things simultaneously happened to me. Firstly, regret filled me because if Willow went through with what I had planned then this was going to be a shitshow.

Secondly, it finally hit me. I knew exactly where the blue moonstone was. I was so dumb. It was right in my face this whole time.

A scream invaded the halls from upstairs and fury filled my gaze as I stared at Willow. She only patted me on the shoulder and leaned in to whisper; "one day, Raven, you will thank me for this,"

Everyone rushed up the stairs including Willow. I stood there on the stairs as people rushed passed me and towards the commotion. This was my chance to get the stone and get the hell out of here. But I couldn't. I had to go and see the consequences of what my jealousy had caused to befall on Leilani.

With a deep breath, I rushed upstairs to the third floor - the Alpha's floor. I had to bite my bottom lip to force my face to remain steady when I saw Leilani on the floor at Erica's feet begging her.

"I didn't do anything!" Leilani was crying, her curly hair in disarray and her dress torn from the shoulder.

It was Enzo who terrified me. He had Jude up against the wall. Jude was in a bloodied, pathetic state, punched in the face all over. He looked barely conscious while Enzo's knuckles were bleeding.

I had asked Willow to craft letters between Jude and Leilani. The letter was meant to call Jude to Leilani's bedroom right before the wedding. I knew he would go there and I banked on it. While in the room, Willow had done her witchcraft thing to keep the pair in the room long enough so that during the wedding, Leilani would be missing and when Erica and Enzo went to look for her, they would find her with Jude in her bedroom and no explanation that either of them would give would suffice. Leilani would be ruined and the wedding would be called off.

Except, I had changed my mind on this plan and I had told Willow that yesterday. She reassured me that she was going to drop it but obviously, the little witch wanted her revenge on Jude. He ruined her and now, she used me to ruin him, banking on my jealousy against Leilani. Guilt entered into every aspect of me.

Enzo was still holding Jude by the neck against the wall. Enzo was in a feral state with his golden eyes bulging out, his veins poking out everywhere and he scared the life out of me. He was going to kill Jude. Erica pushed Leilani off her feet and rushed to her brother. Indigo rushed to Leilani but took a step away from her and stared at Enzo. I understood then that Enzo told her to get away from her.

Erica held Enzo's arm and no doubt pleaded in their link for Enzo to let the nearly unconscious Jude go. Erica started to cry and just like that, Enzo dropped Jude. Then, he wiped his sister's tears. I stood there in the background and watched everything. Willow couldn't even hide her smile. I felt sick to my stomach.

This was not what I wanted.

I hadn't realised that Enzo would react this badly. I forgot that Jude was after all his beloved sister's husband. The same sister whom he worshipped the ground she walked on. Maybe he could forgive his humiliation but he would never forgive his sister's. I fucked up big time here.

Erica fell into the arms of Enzo and wept. She cried so loudly that the sound of her tears overrode Leilani's. Jude laid lifelessly on the floor. Enzo had beaten him black and blue as his blood spilled out over his face like a bad car accident. It didn't help that today was the full moon and Enzo was at his most powerful state.

Enzo held his crying sister.

"Enzo, Erica, I didn't do anything!" Leilani began to plead again. The knot in my belly wrung around tighter.