97﹒⪩ 𝗁𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗆𝖻

Battle cries and the loud blows of their attacks against their enemies were the only things that could be heard in the battlefield

Battle cries and the loud blows of their attacks against their enemies were the only things that could be heard in the battlefield. The battle against Alvarez had only been taking place for a couple days but it felt much more than that. They had not only interrupted their peaceful lives but also came with the intention of ruining it. Rose once again had to face a destiny that many people had tried to force her to live, one where she had no choice but to be what they wanted. It was too repetitive, too tiring to the point Rose no longer had a choice but to take things into her own hands, even if it meant to cross a line she never wanted. Rose almost let destiny play its cards in a way she would be doomed to a path full of pain, hate, anger - a path with no reason to stay alive. But she managed to play her hand the right way, winning a battle that looked impossible, terrifying of the outcomes that came with it. She managed to win against something that was written on stone, rewriting her own path without sacrificing herself or hurting the people she cared the most. However, it didn't matter how well she played her cards, there were still some loose ends that needed to be taken care of.

Rose felt vibration coming from the ground, summoning her wings before jumping off the ground before large spikes of glass even touched her body. The glass mage broke the nearest spike to her, the glass turning soon into a pole once it was between her hands. Hestia twirled the pole around, absorbing magic from the crystals scattered around her. The sharp field moved slowly while picking up speed with Hestia's pole movements. She pointed the weapon towards Rose who was still flying high in the air, the glass came up together into one sharp spike adorned with multiple smaller ones growing out of it. The glass approached the dual dragon slayer at fast speed, barely giving her time to doge the attack in the air. Hestia groaned with irritation and moved the pole once again, the tip of it moving towards Rose's flying figure. The spike made a sharp turn, changing its course to target Rose from the back.

The dragon slayer turned around and crossed her arms in front of her, creating a shield to protect herself. She didn't have time to blink when her body was launched to the other side of the field when Hestia's attack met with her shield, the air being stolen from her lungs for a few seconds when her body slammed against a mountain. She winced, the ringing in her ears making the world mute, black spots taking over her vision and her mind completely disoriented due to how hard she hit her head. The glass never pierced through her shield but she never expected the amount of strength it could have. Hestia wasn't an ordinary mage, her magic was much stronger than when she last fought her. After a few moments, Rose started to regain her composure, her vision barely getting clear when she caught sight of the spike coming her way. She struggled to get out of the mountain she was pinned on, her body getting stock from the force she landed on. Her golden eyes didn't move away from the glassy spike and desperation took over her and tried to pull away from her rocky imprisonment but simple physical movements weren't enough to set herself free. Purple lightning started to sparkle around her until a much powerful charge surrounded her, breaking the part of the mountain around her. Rose managed to fly out of the way, the mountain and spike of glass breaking into pieces when they clashed.