"See you on the other side, Greenie." He smirked, winking slightly before being escorted towards the box. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. That didn't make any sense. I wasn't going to see him, maybe ever again! And even if I was sent up into the Maze, it would be Maze B, right? He turned to face me one last time, as the box began to ascend. He waved one last time, and I waved back, smiling slightly from behind the glass that separated us...that always seemed to separate us. After it was clear he was gone, I whispered the words that I had held inside for three years, ever since I first talked with him over the name "Greenie".

"I love you, Gally."

~Dream/ Flashback Ends ~

I woke with a start, gasping for air as my eyes darted through the silent, darkened night. I remembered. I remembered, how could I have ever forgotten? But of course, WICKED made me forget, they didn't take away all of my memories, just a few choice ones that they didn't approve of. So why give them back now? I knew WICKED was behind this, but why? Especially Ava, I knew she wouldn't do something like this without reason. The only sounds that filled the cool evening breeze was the snoring coming from a few choice hammocks, including Minho and Frypan. It would have almost been reassuring or comforting, if I hadn't just had the most terrifying dream of my life. The only thing was, it wasn't really a dream. It was a memory. A memory that seemed one impossible to forget. Then again, Gally forgot as well, although for all I knew, it wasn't much of a memory to forget, maybe just a passing comment for him, where it meant so much more for me. I knew that what I felt with him was different, I just didn't realize it was this kind of different. But to bee honest, it made perfect sense. But I couldn't admit that to him, none of it. Because ass far as he was concerned, we had only known each other 48 hours, and that wasn't a long enough period of time to say something that extreme. Besides, I didn't even know if I felt that strongly about him anymore, after all- it had been three years. Two of which I spent under strict rules and regulations, which apparently I had had the wise idea of designing, while developing a serum to combat the Flare. What a shucking messed up life I lead. Although, to be fair, Gally wasn't the angel I thought he was either. Maybe that was the reason for me retrieving that memory at this particular time, as a sort of reassurance that I wasn't the only one betraying my so called "friends". I sighed, placing my head in my hands as I heaved a sigh, half out of anguish, half out of drowsiness. I was just thankful that I wasn't going to be working with the Builders any time soon, I couldn't handle that amount of Gally, all throughout my dream, and then all over again in the real world. It was too much of Gally for one day, especially when I knew secrets about him that he didn't even know about himself. Secrets that would kill him if he found out. I suddenly found myself not only harboring information about our world, about the past, and about myself, but about fellow Gladers. Gladers that I cared about, more than I had ever realized. I sighed, rubbing my head as I got p. I couldn't stand it any more. I couldn't go back to sleep, for fear of having another "dream", and I couldn't start the only thing that would take my mind off the horrid thoughts of my obvious betrayal- tireless working. Deciding to find a happy medium, I rose from my hammock, tip-toeing quietly away from the homestead as I began walking swiftly towards the entrance of the Maze. Granted, it hadn't opened yet, according to my gut instinct it probably still had another hour or two. I sighed, sitting down promptly in front of entrance, crossing my legs underneath me as I stared up at the seemingly endless abyss of cement and ivy.

"What the hell have I done?" I whispered. The words seem to bounce back from off the wall, as though refusing my lenient statement. I sighed, laying my head in my hands.

"I didn't want any of this, you know. I don't want to hurt them, lie to them. It isn't right! I don't want to do it. Can't I just leave? Can't you just take me away, finish my test as a Variable? Why do I have to be the only one, because the truth is I'm suffering a hell of a lot more than they are!" I whisper screamed, shaking my head violently as tears rolled down my soft, cool cheeks. The Maze stayed silent, and I sighed. I wiped the tears away, sighing as I tried to collect myself. It wouldn't be long before the light was out again, and the Maze doors would open. Something told me it wouldn't look particularly sane for me to be sitting in front of them, whispering and crying when they did. Climbing to my feet, I sighed, padding back over towards the Homestead, when I heard an all too familiar sound. I screeching, infatuating noise that I had learned for the very first time, two years ago. It was the box. And it was coming up. Swallowing hard, I had no other choice but to run towards it, like it was physically dragging me closer, enticing me. I knew the boys would wake up in a matter of moments now, the noise was too loud to miss, but I doubt they would get all the way down here, before the box arrived. I twisted my hands through and through, waiting patiently. At least the first face they saw would be a harmless one, not that I didn't like Gally's face, because obviously I certainly did, but it wasn't the most welcoming of things to see when you first get to the Glade, with what I would assume would be no memories what-so-ever. Just then, the box stopped, and the doors opened. I jumped down into the box, as I so often did back in Maze B, only to find the box completely empty. That is, completely empty, except for a single person, sitting cool and collected in the corner of the box, eyes wide as she stared at me. Another girl? Suddenly, the light started to appear, and her face was illuminated. I heard shouts in the distance, obviously people running towards the box, but I paid them no attention. That face, I knew that face. That was the face of my best friend.