Chapter 24: History Of The Towa Family

Start from the beginning

"Monaca... Are you threatening me?"

"Jeez, Papa! That's not it. It's more like...a business opportunity.

---

 "This little bitch sold us the idea of making a weapon to fight the Monokumas."

"You made them, and then you sold the weapons to fight against them as well?" Komaru blinked.

Toko lightly bit her thumb. "The more out of hand the situation got, the more profitable Towa became..."

"Hmph... Just what a filthy Demon would do." Kotoko folded her arms.

"We didn't have a choice... We were in too deep. If we went against the Despair group, they'd reveal what Monaca did under Towa's name. Then Towa makes enemies with both forces. We'd be shunned... Go extinct." Haiji tried to justify.

"Anyyyways, Towa Group did the riiight thing and chose to coexist with the despair." Monaca smiled. "And to the public, they looked like heroes, fighting against the incident. But behind the scenes... They were working for both sides. The reason that air purifier they developed was so effective was because... They were part of the cause in the first place. That's why the incident didn't hit them as hard. Those idiot adults didn't know that, so they worshipped Towa Group like they were saviors... Buuut, you better not blame this all on me. By the end, even Papa was into it... He supported the incident for money and honor. He ended up being a patron of Big Sis Junko."

"Towa Group... Junko Enoshima's patron?" Toko said in shock.

"So that's why you distanced yourself from Future Foundation... You didn't want to get found out." Komaru looked at Haiji.

"No matter how rotten it is... Towa Group is still my legacy. I want to protect it." Haiji closed his eyes in remorse.

"But the good times had to end eventually... Just when things were gonna get much, much more fun, Big Sis Junko died." Monaca frowned. "All thanks to your brother, Miss Komaru Naegi."

"..." Komaru looked away from her.

"Since then, Future Foundation gained power, and Big Sis's influence got weaker and weaker... Monaca tried her best to rebuild it by any means necessary..." Monaca pouted. "But Papa just said "It's over," and gave up like all the fickle, wishy-washy adults do. Papa betrayed Big Sis. No matter what Monaca said, Papa just wouldn't listen anymore..."

"And you couldn't forgive him for that, could you? That's why you targeted this city." Haiji assumed.

"That's what you told us, right?" Kotoko recalled.

---

"All we gotta do is fulfill the hopeful dream Big Sis Junko gave us. We shouldn't give up. We can't abandon hope. We need to build a paradise and take revenge against all the adults who betrayed us."

---

"Monaca...is so grateful to the Warriors of Hope. Adults are dirty Demons who killed Big Sis... You guys killed them off so well for me." Monaca smirked. "I was sooo happy... It was just as I thought, kids are so simple-minded."

"..." Kotoko scowled at her.

"The truth is...Monaca didn't really care about things like revenge and paradise... Succeeding Big Sis's will was far more important. Monaca...doesn't want Junko Enoshima's legacy to end." Monaca explained.

"So that's how you came to the brilliant conclusion that you should become The Successor?" Toko guessed.

"And in order to become The Successor... What exactly did you do?" Haiji asked.