Though, to her avail, her step back was rather useless, since her heel had almost immediately hit the back wall. And it even caused a forced huff to escape right after, since her back had also made contact with the wall.

       The blonde felt as if the room had gotten smaller from when she was first placed there — and to think it would help, she pushed her two arms outwards, laying them against the wall almost as if she was saying 'enough' or 'no more, please'.

And then she sighed, tapping her foot rhythmically against the wooden floor. Petunia almost wanted to shout 'hello?' despite knowing the fact that no one would actually hear her. But she felt as if she did nothing, then nothing would actually happen. And with her impatience only growing, the girl became almost hopeless at the random sight.

until she heard footsteps.

Quick, but not rushed. Lily Evans walked into the Petunia's sight, dressed in formal clothing as she looked around the living room — seemingly searching for something.

Petunia stayed quiet at the sight of her sister, almost scared that if she did talk, the ginger would hear her. And the blonde removed her position from the wall, now leaning forward as she looked to her sister — who grabbed her wand from a shelf.

Lily was roaming around the room, grabbing items Petunia could not see well through the disoriented window. And Petunia watched as Lily made her way over to the girl, making Petunia subconsciously step back — right into the wall once again.

It did cause a thump, something Petunia cringed at the moment it happened. But like she thought, Lily had not heard it, and instead kept her focus on what Petunia assumed was herself — as she didn't seem surprised to see someone staring back at her. And with her actions, it took the blonde only a mere second to realize that she wasn't in a window, but rather a mirror.

"Pands!" Her sister's muffled voice broke through the barrier, calling out to Pandora. And at the name, Petunia perked up at it, already trying to fill the pieces she had yet to see.

Pandora hadn't responded to Lily, but instead made her way into the room soon after she was called. And the traitorous girl smiled up to Lily — which led Petunia to finally notice to sourness behind it, something she hadn't noticed before.

"It's getting late," Pandora responded stiffly, yet sweetly, as she looked to Lily, "I've got some work I need to do."

Petunia watched as Lily nodded, her face holding an unrecognizable expression as she had yet to verbally respond. And she watched as Lily kept a distant look in her eye, her frown growing more prominent by the second.

"Can't it wait?" her voice was soft, holding some other layer to it that Petunia, again, couldn't identify. "It's late... and it's supposed to rain—"

"—Rain will cause no harm," Pandora cut her off, trying to cover her words with a gentle laugh. But even so, she let a flicker of impatience reach her delicate features, which Petunia caught — and so had Lily.

"When will you be home, then?" Lily continued on with her questioning. The ginger was trying to be subtle, but both Petunia and Pandora could hear the accusatory tone that slipped in. And even before she could respond, or think of a response — Lily had stopped her, instead holding out a piece of parchment she'd pulled from her pocket.

It was crinkled, almost to the point it was probably hard to read. But Pandora had grabbed it anyways, reading each word and line that decorated the stained piece of paper. Confusion soon laced into a look of neutralization on Pandora's face. And both Lily and Petunia watched as her mouth formed into a straight line — briefing a look to Lily, and then to the wand around the ginger's tight grip.

"Remember that night I came to you," Lily bit back her lip, trying to stop the tremble in her voice, "Crying to you about my parents being murdered in the middle of the night?" She continued, her voice growing harsher at each word spoken. "You ask me about Petunia — how she was," Lily forced out a laugh, one that could be mistaken for a cough. "We got onto the topic of our fight — how she'd not forgiven me yet?"

Pandora let Lily's words echo throughout their home as her voice grew louder, more upset. And she stayed quiet, already knowing where this was headed.

"Do you remember what you said to me that night?" Lily cocked her head, a small, disbelieving look crossing her face, "Do you?"

Pandora opened her mouth to say something, to answer the rapid questions thrown her way. But, Lily had cut her off, raising her wand towards her.

"You said I could make it up to her some other way," She answered for her, "Maybe not through words, but.... some.. other.. way."

Petunia frowned as she heard Lily's words being spoken, hearing the desperation, sadness, and anger her sister felt in that moment.

Lily felt a tear escape her eye.

"It was always you," Lily's frown deepened, "You were behind it all."

"I don't understand—"

"I think I know what to do now," Lily cut off Pandora's pleading tone, "To earn the forgiveness that I do not deserve."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER