Lexy overheard him inviting Jake to his party. She scoffed. Junior ate his Clif Bar, the two girls looking at the pair. "They should have suspended his Walmart ass," Lexy rolled her eyes. Y/n chuckled. "And they totally would have if your idiot uncle hadn't stuck his finger in the freaking toast," she looked at Junior.

Y/n clutched her Chanel purse. "It's like exactly what I told Y/n. It was an accident waiting to happen," he shrugged. Lexy shrugged. "But, you know, fuck Jake Wheeler with a chainsaw," Lexy said. "You're not the only one, okay?" Junior said. "I meant, what about what he said to my mom—'you got a secret'?" He looked at her.

"That's some creepy shit," he said. "Anyway, McVey told him he can't bring that thing to school anymore," she told the two. "It's disruptive, so I guess that's something," she sighed. The bell rung. Junior took Y/n's hand, the three beginning to walk into the building. "I just can't believe Oliver's actually inviting him to the party," Lexy said, walking beside Y/n.

"Yeah, it was pretty shocking," Y/n agreed. "So, what are you wearing tonight?" Junior asked Y/n. "Well, I have no ideas on what to be so I won't be dressing up Y/n said. "What about you?" She asked looking at him. "I don't know, I'll probably pull off something in the last minute," he shrugged.

•••
Y/n tapped the code into the keypad, the gate opening. Y/n walked in, the gate closing behind her. Y/n saw cop cars and an ambulance parked in her driveway. "What.." she trailed off as she saw her mom crying at the front steps of the huge house.

"Mom? Mom, what's going on?" Y/n asked, her mom's head looking towards her. "Where's dad?" She asked as her mother engulfed her in a hug, crying in Y/n's hair. "Sweetie, I found your father dead in his office," her mother sniffled. Y/n froze. "What?"

An officer came over to them. "Looks like he had multiple stab wounds in the chest," they told Y/n's mom, Y/n overhearing. She was in complete shock. Tears streamed down her face.

•••
Y/n washed her face in her face, cleaning it up. Y/n sniffled and left the bathroom, entering her room. Maybe this party is what she needed. Obviously with everything going on, she didn't have a costume.

She went inside her closet and looked around. "Maybe a dress or something," Y/n mumbled to herself picking out her outfit. She grabbed a purse and walked out of the closet.

After changing, she walked downstairs and didn't see her mom in sight. Y/n shrugged it off and left the house. Y/n walked to Oliver's house since he lived a block down from Y/n. Y/n arrived at Oliver's and already saw the gate wide open with a bunch of kids from school already there.

Y/n walked in the house, and saw Oliver with some of his friends. "Hey," Y/n came up to him. "Hey! You're here," he smiled at her. "Yeah, I just needed to get out tonight," she shrugged. "Yeah I heard. How are you doing?" He asked, leading Y/n into the kitchen.

Y/n sat on the stool. "I'm..shocked, I guess you could say," she shrugged. "Well, I have some shots you can try to pump you up," he grabbed Y/n's hand, dragging her into the dining room. Y/n chuckled. "Sounds good. Is Junior here or Lexy?" She asked. "Lexy's upstairs," he said.

He grabbed a shot, drinking it. He handed her one. Y/n took it, drinking it. It stung her throat as she drunk it. "That was strong," Y/n laughed. "Okay, I got to get back with some friends," Oliver set his cup on the dining table. "Enjoy yourself," he sent her a smile and left the room.