The Chuunin Exams Pt 1

Start from the beginning

301? This isn't right, I'm quite certain we're on the 2nd floor! Unless... could this be a test? Is Genjutsu involved? But why hasn't anyone noticed?

Everyone in that hallway fell silent as they listened to what he said, some started to fidget, obviously starting to feel scared after learning of these possibilities.

"Also, a Chuunin often become leaders of a team. Mission failures, death of a comrade, it's all part of the responsibilities of the leader."

I didn't know about that, looks like this Chuunin exam is more serious than I thought it was, a Chuunin's responsibilities is a lot more compared to us Genin.

"A brat such as this.. a Chuunin? What's so bad about weeding out those who won't pass anyway?!"

"A fair argument. But...." Sasuke spoke up as he pushed past the crowd and walked to the front with us following close behind indicating that we're a team. "You will let me pass through, and also remove this surrounding created with Genjutsu."

Everyone fell silent after hearing what Sasuke said, I tried to hide the smirk forming on my face. So I was right after all.

"I'm going to the 3rd floor." The other genins around us started whispering to each other, "What is he talking about?" "I don't know...."

The 2 ninjas in front of us smirked, impressed with Sasuke "Well, well.." "So, you noticed, eh?"

Then, Sasuke did the most unimaginable thing, he turned his head slightly to look at Sakura "Sakura, you must have noticed it first right?" 

Sakura who wasn't paying much attention to what was happening snapped back to reality when she heard her name "Huh?"

"Your analytical strength and Genjutsu know-how has improved the most in our squad, so...." Well, never thought I would see the day where Sasuke would care for somebody else in our team other than me, especially Sakura.

"Sasuke-kun...." Sakura was taken aback and smiled sheepishly to herself, she must be thanking Sasuke internally for that boost of confidence. She looked at me so I smiled back at her and gave her a small nod, encouraging her.

"Heh, of course." Sakura faced the front again, with a confident smile on her face "I noticed it a while ago. Because this is the 2nd floor." "Yup!" Naruto nodded his head, smiling.

The genjutsu affecting the floor disappeared and sure enough, the number 301 turned out to be 201. These people were wasting their time trying to get into the wrong room.

"Well, not bad.... but all you did was see through it! Right?!" The guy placed his palms down on the ground to support himself as he brought his leg up to kick Sasuke. Sasuke reacted pretty quickly by bringing his leg up too, but before they could even hit each other, the guy with the bowl cut in a green jumpsuit appeared suddenly in between them, stopping the fight by grabbing their legs.

"Woah.. he's fast.." I muttered softly, the guy then let go of both Sasuke and the black haired kid who both backed away.

Neji and the girl with the buns walked up to us, "Hey, what happened to our plan?" Neji didn't sound too happy, "You were the one who said you didn't want to carelessly attract attention and be watched."

"But...." The bowl-cut guy turned to look at us, though I am pretty sure he's looking at Sakura. He held up his clenched fist and... is he... blushing??? At Sakura???

"Oh no....this again...." Their female teammate shook her head, seems like this happens a lot.

He walked over to us and stopped in front of Sakura, I was right, he WAS looking at Sakura. He was taller than us, looking closely, he had VERY thick eyebrows. Usually I think it's unfair that guys have nicer eyebrows or eyelashes compared to us girls, but in this case, he can keep it, no thank you.