🕸 Tee Higgins 🕸

Start from the beginning

The receiver doesn't look like he agrees with you. He's got too much faith in you. He also thinks a person is capable of doing everything if they put their mind to it, and he isn't exactly wrong.

"Hey, I had something I wanted to ask you."

That confidence you normally hear in his voice is gone, replaced by an uncertainty and nervousness that you're not used to hearing. It grabs your attention. "I'm all ears."

Breathtaking brown eyes stare into yours, pinning you to the place you stand. They're intense and it feels hard to breathe when he's looking at you like that. Some of those nerves leave his eyes and confidence replaces it.

"Would you like to go out for dinner with me sometime next week?" A hopeful edge hangs onto every word and you'd be lying if you said you weren't freaking out a little bit.

"Just the two of us?" He nods, shyly smiling.

You smile back at him. "I'd love to." All his worries fade away.

"Great!" He beams, his mood completely flip-flopping. "You let me know a night you're free and we'll—"

"Friday night," you blurt out. You said it without thinking. If you had plans for Friday night, than they were going out the window. He blinks at you, surprised by your quick answer. You only smile wider. "Six o'clock sound good with you?"

He extends his hands out for you, and you're not exactly sure what he wants you to do, but you still place your hands in his. He pulls you forward, your connected hands the only thing keeping your bodies from colliding.

"It sounds perfect," he whispers, lifting your hands to his mouth to kiss at your knuckles. He's wearing the brightest smile and you feel yourself growing shy and giggly under his gaze. "You're adorable when you're all giddy."

You lean forward to rest your forehead on his shoulder, hiding your heated face from him. "Shut up. You're giddy and flustered too. It's cute."

"Stop," he whines, turning his head to kiss the side of your head. "I'll never hear the end of it if Burrow or Chase or any of my brothers find me like this."

Looking up, you say, "Here, let me help." Like you did with Ja'Marr, you quickly kiss his cheek and send him into another flustered fit, making it much more noticeable. You dance out of his reach, glancing back at him with a bright smile.

He watches you go with exaggerated betrayal on his face and you can't help but laugh when he shouts, "Traitor!"

The rest of the party goes by in a blur. You ran into a few friends, stopping to talk to them, but you proceeded to dance around Tee, just to be a tease. You'd get within his reach and spin right out, grinning or laughing at the look on his face every time.

You only fell into him at the end of the party, wanting to exchange goodbyes, since this would be the last time you saw him before your date on Friday.

Once you were home, it hit you that there was only one person you hadn't run into at the party. You grab your phone from your pocket and go straight to your messages, finding your best friend's contact in no time.

"Please come over."

Under the message, the words 'READ 10:21 P.M.' popped up. That's all you need to see to know that he's coming over.