But she couldn't see his brown eyes right now. In her view, two ocean-blue orbs having the world's secrets and deepness appeared. She felt like drowning in their depth. To conquer the mysteries these gorgeous eyes possessed. 

"Hey, where are you lost?" She shook her head vigorously when Haider waved his hand in front of her eyes.

What the hell was happening? Was she hallucinating Ruhaan in place of Haider?

"We have reached your college," Haider reminded her and with this, she diverted her gaze outside. They were really there.

Hanging her bag along her shoulder, she bid goodbye to Haider and rushed inside the college building.

             ________________________

In the night, she was sitting on her study table in her room, trying her best to study but she was failing miserably. Holding her head between her palms, she closed her eyes when a memory from today revolved in her eyes.

After the first lecture ended, Miss Ayesha called her into her office. She stopped in her place finding Miss Ayesha looking at a paper. She knew what it was for. She swallowed a fear lingering in the back of her throat.

"Nisha, come inside child," Miss Ayesha called her softly finding her not moving an inch.

She scooted her gaze down and walked small steps inside. "Have a seat," Miss Ayesha pointed toward the chair before her. She hesitated for a moment before accepting her order.

"Is everything fine at home?" Miss Ayesha continued. Her intonation was still gentle.

"Huh? Y...yes Miss," she stuttered.

"Are you fine? You aren't sick. Right?"

She shook her head. Her eyes were going down and down with her every question. Miss Ayesha smiled.

"Then beta, what is this?" She placed the paper in front of her. Nisha peeked at it. It was her report sheet for midterm exams. "My brilliant student who always got the first position. I didn't expect this from you. Tell me what's the problem? Are you finding your studies hard? Are you finding our teaching not up to the mark? Tell me the reason."

"No Miss. It's not the case. Every teacher is great. It's... it's due to..mm...my mother recently got ill and was hospitalized and I was worried due to it."

She opened her eyes. She knew it wasn't the cause of her recklessness. She just used her mother's illness to divert her teacher's mind. It was due to Ruhaan. His thoughts had made her impassive. She couldn't concentrate on anything anymore because whatever she aimed to do, Ruhaan was a part of everything. She always stood prominent in her class. She never lied and now she had resorted to this as well.

Covering her face in her palm, she cried harder.

"What is happening to me?" She questioned herself in her mind.

Wiping away her tears, she stood up and went inside the washroom to perform ablution. She performed Isha's prayer and after that, lifted her hands in dua.

"Oh Allah, please show me the right path. I...I am straying away from my path. Please help me. Please whatever is going to happen, do it in my favor. I ask for your help, My Allah."

After namaz, she was feeling at ease. She again took her books and started studying. It wasn't even past half an hour when the telephone rang. Her ears perked up at the voice and her heart felt like coming out of her chest. She swallowed hard before walking out of her room and stepping inside the lounge. She glimpsed at the screen to find a random number. But it wasn't random anymore. She unconsciously learned Ruhaan's number. Her breath started hitching in fear. She licked her dried lips before running back to her room.