~Thirty Four~

Mrunali Rathore

I went behind him, who entered our room. He was sitting on the couch with the laptop, typing angrily. I went towards him and take a seat beside him and hold his hand.

"Abhi.." "Don't. Don't you dare Mrunali! Why did you stopped me?" Abhi said and jerk his hand away from mine again. "Abhi she is our elder even if she is saying something we should not talk badly to her." I said.

"So what if she is our elder? An elder should behave like that as well! Do you think she behaves like that?!" Abhi yelled and I flinched a little. I'm not a fan of loud voices. "Still Abhi she -" "If you're here to defend her then don't talk to me!" Abhi said.

"Don't say like this Abhi please...I'm not defending her I'm just telling you that she is our elder and we should respect her besides however she is, she is still the daughter of this house. Please Abhi.." I said but he ignored me and continue typing angrily.

"Abhi...please..." I said, my tears rolling down but he didn't said or look at me. "Atleast don't ignore me! Fine bua ji shouldn't have said it like that. She was wrong but please don't ignore me please." I said now full on crying, laying my head on his shoulder and soon I felt him hug me.

"Shh. Don't cry baby. I don't like it when you cry. I won't ignore you ok?" I heard him and hugging him tight, I cried more. "Shh Mrunali it's ok baccha. Your fever will rise if you will cry like this. Don't cry anymore." He said and my cries become little and I soon feel myself sleeping in his arms.

Abhiraaj Singh Rathore

I felt her cries going down before her hug loosen and I know she was asleep. So, I picked her up and laid her on the bed carefully. Her body's temperature was a little high. I covered her with the blanket and turn around a little but she held my hand.

"Don't..." She said in her sleep and I sit back. "I'm here. Don't worry I'm here." I said patting her head and her grip loosen. Kissing her forehead I sit beside her and lean on the hard board of our bed.

After some hours, I was doing some work on my laptop when I heard Mrunali mumbling something in her sleep. Keeping aside my laptop I lean in to hear what she was saying.

"Nahi...maine nahi...meri koi galti nahi hai....nahi..please...maine...nahi.." She kept mumbling and I frowned. Is she having a nightmare? "NAHI! PLEASE!" She yelled one last time before waking up, sweating. I hugged her immediately.

(No..I didn't...it's not my fault....no.. please..I didn't...)
(NO! PLEASE!)

"It was a nightmare. It's ok. It's ok." I whispered in her ears as I felt her hug me tight. Soon she calm down and I gave her water. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked caressing her cheek and she shake her head.

I can see she was still scared and shaken up so I made her face me. "Mrunali look at me." I said and she did. "Now listen to me it was just a bad nightmare ok? Forget about it." I said patting her cheeks and she nodded.

Her cheeks were burning a little and then I checked her forehead. It was burning too. Of course side-effects of eating ice cream in winter night. "Did you took any medicine for your fever?" I asked. "I did. In the morning." She replied.

"Then take it now as well." I said and move to get the medicine from drawer. "Before that I have to eat something. I can't take it without eating something." She said. "Then wait for me here!" I said and went downstairs.

I'm glad nobody was in the living room. I went to the kitchen and see if there's anything to eat and found some breakfast still left. Heating it up I took it back to the room where I saw Mrunali leaning on the head board.