Chapter 26: Claudia's Plea to Adrian

CLAUDIA

I had to convince Adrian to accept the bond or else he didn't know what was in store for him for eternity. How could I make the truth known to him that his mother had a firsthand experience of all of this. And it didn't end well for her.

I had been through hell because of that one wrong choice and decision of my life. And I still went through it every single day without letting anyone know about it.

I, once, rejected someone that I was supposed to be with just because I was a powerful royal and my fated mate was a low level shifter. Or that was what I thought. No, he wasn't a Lycan, of course. They were considered one of the most powerful creatures in the entire Forbidden Kingdom. My mate was a prey shifter, not a predator one. And I thought that he could not match the strength and powers that I had.

What I forgot was the fact that when the fates choose a mate for you, he or she is the true match for you in every way; made for you specifically. I rejected him because I assumed he had no powers except for being a prey shifter. And unfortunate for me, I never got to know the true nature of his shifter side as I was unaware of his species at the time. I judged the book by its cover and that was the biggest mistake of my life.

He was a part shifter part Dream walker with the later side dominating the other. So, basically he was the most fierce and powerful creature of all existence, and I rejected him because of his shifter side without any explanation.

I could see that it was painful for him to be rejected by his fated mate. But he accepted the rejection and revealed his true form afterwards. I wanted to run in his arms, but he didn't let me get close to him ever again.

I was as much heartbroken as he was. I wanted to apologize for what I had done after knowing his true identity. But I lost his trust and respect for forever. He didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

And the stupidest thing was that I rejected him because I was jealous of my sister, Cassandra; who had been my backbone throughout my life. Because she was mated to the Lycan King. Turned out, the one that I was supposed to be mated to was soon declared the King of the Faeries as he was a descendent of the Royal Faerie that no one was aware of.

It was said that if it isn't your fault that the fated bond is broken, there are chances that you can have a second chance at love and happiness that you deserve. But for those like us, there are no chances. We did that to ourselves. We caused pain to ourselves and someone else as well. So, we have to endure the pain of not ever falling in love and most of the times not even being loved for the eternity. It is the punishment for rejecting the one that is made for you by the Fates. And it is the most hollow feeling you can ever endure.

I didn't want that for my son. My life had been hollow by not being in love with my husband and not being loved by him as we weren't fated mates. But my son had that chance with someone. Damn the species she belonged to. She was there and that should be the only thing that mattered.

With that determination, I entered the palace and walked to my son's chamber hoping he had calmed down and I could be able to reason with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stood outside the Chamber of Adrian, I heard a particular female voice that I was specifically praying to the Creators above us to not let wander around my son. But as always, my prayers went to the deaf ears I suppose.

I knocked twice on the door. And instantly my son was there opening the door as if sensing me. There was a look of desperation on his face as if he wanted to know something but couldn't ask.