Chapter 21 : Claudia's Condition

CLAUDIA

She looked so serene. So peaceful. As if nothing had happened to her in the past day or so. As if she hadn't been through the hell. Now I understood why Ethan was so crazy about the woman. There had never been one that existed on any known plane like her. She was unique. Her aura was unique. Her signature and scent were unique. Overall, everything about her was unique.

But of course, she was mere a human. That was something I was one hundred percent sure of. But I had never come across one like her.

And I wouldn't lie, I liked her. I really did. But what had laid ahead of her was not good by any means. She had to suffer the consequences of my son's actions. And that was in no way, fair to this lady that was sleeping peacefully, having no idea what a horrible fate her future held.

But unfortunately, that was not it. That was not the only thing that got me worried right now. No. I am worried because Ethan had been broken once when his fated mate rejected him for Adrian. But this was worse. Manya was a human and there was no way that she could come out alive from what was about to happen to her. And I was afraid that this would not just break Ethan this time. No. It would be worse. This would destroy him. And not to mention, his beast.

His beast, that showed up out of nowhere when he saw Manya got hurt and unconscious. For the first time, he challenged his father. And not for the throne. No. That would be too good to be true. It was to save this woman's life. I couldn't even imagine what would happen if something happened to Manya. How his beast was going to react to that!

No one knew until now. I and the beast of my sister kept him a secret until now. We even neutralized his scent so no one could sense his existence. But today, he made himself known. Even after knowing the fact that it was not the time for him to come forward yet. He risked himself. He risked Ethan. And that was, in no way, acceptable.

I knew in an instant that he was upset. Upset that Adrian marked Manya without thinking about the consequences. And he wasn't wrong. But he shouldn't have taken over and make himself known. Not yet.

He put Ethan in danger's way more than he knew. Yes, his beast was strong enough to defend himself and the human counterpart. But it was not necessary.

And Adrian. What was he thinking? If Manya was his fated mate, he could have refused to be mated to Isabella! But he didn't. Even after knowing about his true mate, he continued with the plan to mate with someone that was not meant for him.

But then why he marked Manya? If he wanted to be with Isabella that badly, and if he had chosen Isabella over Manya, then why did he mark Manya?

Was he not in agreement with his beast about mating? Did he not consider his beast at all? Was his beast that pissed at him that he didn't consider the consequences of his actions towards his own mate?

What had he done?

But whatever had done had been done. There was nothing that we could do about it now. Right now all we could concentrate was on the fact that somehow we needed to save Manya or else the hell would break on us if Ethan's beast would be released before his time. We could just hope that she was strong enough to survive what was ahead of her.

That poor woman had no idea what was happening to her. She didn't even know that our kind existed outside of her realm. And still, she had to go through this hell.

I would do everything in my power to help her through this. She would not be alone. Besides Ethan, I would be the one to guide her through this entire cycle.