Chapter 25: Disappointment, Rage and Peace

MANYA

It had been almost two days since I woke up. And I was feeling completely fine as if nothing was wrong with me. But I knew deep down that it would not last for long. I could feel it in my guts that something big was coming. The peace that I was feeling right now was nothing but an illusion of the peace that you feel before a big storm. Yes! That was how I was feeling right now.

No one had visited me except Claudia that one time when she made it very clear to me that either I agree to be with her son, or I should be ready to lose the battle of my life to whatever mess I was in. But I could not for the life of me even think about being with the person who didn't even consider my chances at survival after the disaster that he had caused me. How could Claudia ask that of me? How could she be so selfish that she was ready to sacrifice my life as if she had any right to do that?

And where the hell was Ethan in all of this? Why hadn't he even visited me? Did Claudia even tell him that I was awake? And even if she didn't, why hadn't he come to at least check on me to see whether I was awake or not? Didn't I even hold that much importance in his life that he could at least come see me once? Was I reading everything wrong about him? It sure didn't feel like it. But I really didn't know him that well to know for sure.

"Hi there! Is it a good time to have a chat with you?"

My train of thoughts were interrupted by a woman. And she looked familiar. I knew she was there when I woke up exhausted after being in the limbo. She introduced herself that much I could remember. But I didn't exactly remember her name. Anyways, I was not good with remembering names or dates. Ethan was the only exception.

"Hi! Sure. Come in."

I tried hard to remember her name. But at last, I gave up.

"It's okay if you don't remember much, Manya. You were almost unconscious the last time we saw each other. So, let's start fresh. I am Hannah. And I am Liam's mate. And before you try to remember who Liam is, let me help you with that as well. Liam is my fated mate, now my husband and the King of this realm. And right now, you are in the Spellbound Kingdom, where all the witches, wizards, sorcerers, and external magic users resides. Now, tell me how are you feeling."

Hannah was warm and kind. And her smile was contagious.

"I am feeling much better than the last time you saw me."

I smiled back at her. She was friendly and I could really use a friend in this unknown territory.

"If you need anything, just let me know, okay?"

She sat down on the chair beside me.

"Can I check your pulse? We need to be ready for what is to come next I am afraid. Your pulse will be the first thing to get affected if you are going to have seizures soon."

I just nodded and let her check my pulse.

After a while, she sighed in relief.

"I think everything is alright at least for now."

I really wanted to see Ethan. I felt this urge to be with him, around him right now. I knew it was weird. I should be craving Adrian, not Ethan. But I didn't really know the guy that marked me as his. Whom I knew was Ethan. And I wanted his warmth and comfort.

"Manya!"

Hannah's slight nudge brought me out of my thoughts.

"Where had you gone?"