🔎🖤 : Liza being Max's safe place

Start from the beginning

"Whatcha calling for Darlin? You know I'm off in like. . . Another hour." Steve spoke. Liza hummed and leaned back against the wall.

"Yeah, I know but there have been some new developments and now I have a favor to ask." Liza played with the phone cord, twirling it around her finger.

"Should I be worried?"

"I don't know yet. Max showed up at my window asking to stay the night so I can only assume it isn't for just an impromptu sleepover. I'm thinking Billy or Neil did something and she ran." Liza sighed. She swore she could hear Steves heart rate pick up, anything to do with Billy made him angry but it was worse when it came to Max.

"Is the request to help you hide a body?" Steve grumbled. "Cause just say the word and I'm sure we could dump it by the lab."

"Tempting but no. Max asked for some food, Chinese. Figure you can get some and also bring some ice cream for her aswell?" Liza asked, tucking one of her legs underneath herself.

"Yeah, I'll get whatever she needs. I'll see if Robin will be okay with me leaving early, it's dead here and Max is more important." Steve stated. Liza smiled at his care for the girl, her heart warming.

"Sounds good, love."

After saying their goodbyes, Liza hung up the phone. She shut her eyes for a few moments before hopping off the counter to grab cups and hot chocolate. Her mind racing with all of the things that could of happened that would have caused Max to run. Each thought was worse then the last and made her want to go kill who ever was responsible.

Liza went back into her room with a mug two mugs of hot chocolate. She figured it would help soothe Max somewhat. When she entered she found Max curled up against the headboard of the bed, her knees up to her chin as she stared ahead. Liza placed the mugs on her beside table and climbed on to the bed beside Max.

The ginger tilted to the side then fell, landing with her head on Liza's lap. The older girl frowned and started to run her hand through Max's hair, it must have been bad if she was this silent and not ranting like she usually did.

"You wanna wait until Steve is here to talk about it?" Liza asked quietly. Max nodded, trying her best to keep her tears in because she knew that once she started it wasn't going to stop. "Okay, he said he's gonna try and leave early so hopefully he will be here soon."

~x~

A half an hour later, Liza and Max heard the front door open. They knew it was Steve, no one else had a key and they were making too much noise to be a burglar. They hear Steve go to the kitchen, the fridge opening and closing as he put something in then his footsteps started to come closer.

Steve pushed open the bedroom door to find Liza and Max on the bed. The younger girls head still on Liza's lap and they were both looking at him. A small smile crept up on Max's face and Steve knew it was because he was still wearing his uniform. Rolling his eyes, he went to the corner where he had left a bag with his regular clothes and fished out pajamas.

Once he had gone and changed, Steve came back and sat on the bed in front of Liza and Max. He looked down at Max, tilting his head slightly. Max sighed and sat up, returning to her position from earlier where she had her arms wrapped around her legs.

"You guys wanna know what happened don't you?" Max asked as she rested her chin on her knees. The couple nodded making Max sigh for a second time, she figured she wouldn't be able to get away with not telling them.