Chapter 3 - A Wild Beast (Part 1)

Part 1

Nexus and Cade fell to the ground as two men point their guns towards their heads. A bunch of gypsie wearing folks surround them as Dafaria approaches them slowly. "Bandits. Any bright ideas now Mr. I know how to fight" Cade and Nexus have only but to whisper to each other in order for the group surrounding them not to hear them. "Well let's see if that purple glove of yours can be put to good use." Cade nods at Nexus and then Nexus pushes himself of the ground and slams himself on the bandit that was holding cade down. At the same time of this happening, Nexus closes his eyes just as Cade stands up to reveal his purple glove. "Shine brightly like only a Cade ever would." is what Cade said before a beam of white bright light erupted from his hand. With his eyes closed, Nexus activates the bracelet and feels it wrapping around his arm. "Please work with me this time." Nexus clenches his emerald fist and slams the ground with it. Green crystals shot at every direction of his arm after the massive earth explosion he just created. Nexus pushes Cade down just as a bandit swung his axe above his head. Cade tackles the man down and stabs him with his pocket knife. Nexus looks around him, most of them are still staggered by the bright light. Nexus looks at his emerald arm and then shoots a few emerald crystals at the chest of a couple of the bandits around him. Dafaria gathers his consciousness again and pulls out his pistol from his pistol holder that was adjusted to his cow bow belt, and then fires at Nexus. At the same moment, Nexus raises his arm and an emerald shield is formed from his hand and blocks the bullet. "Cool. Automatic defense." Nexus still did not know how to use his new weapon, but he could feel like it is telling him what to do from the inside. He feels like he knew that a move existed just by performing it. And just like that, Nexus runs up to a bandit that was shielding Dafaria and slashes at him with his claw shaped hand. Just as he was about to tackle Dafaria, Nexus hears a roar from his right, and only glances for a second before a gigantic tiger rams him on the side and sends him flying to the ground.

Cade: Nexus!

Cade stands up again and starts running towards Nexus. The tiger jumps in front of him and releases an ominous roar that shakes the earth. Cade freezes in his tracks fearing to get bitten by the massive beast.

Dafaria: I wouldn't recommend that.

Just as the tiger was about to launch himself at Cade, He raises his hands in the air and yells out "Jenkins". Dafaria raises his hand as if to stop the tiger from attacking.

Dafaria: What did you say?

Cade: Jenkins. The bandit word for-

Dafaria: I know what the word means, what I want to know is how you know it.

Cade looks straight at Dafaria's eyes then lifts up his hoodie to show a symbol embedded on his chest. Dafaria lowers his arm and bursts out laughing.

Dafaria: Oh this is beautiful. We have a lost guild member, and an escaped prisoner of the bandit guard. You an ex member then?

Cade: or so you can say.

Dafaria: Oh this is great. Well you two are up for a trip back to camp with us.

Dafaria pats the tiger and climbs on its back. More bandits appear as they surround Nexus and Cade. Nexus, still unconscious, gets tied up by the bandits as they put a blindfold on his head and gets flung into a mountain buggy with Cade. Nexus woke up a few hours later with the blindfold still blinding him. He couldn't see anything but he did hear the conversation of two men with sonorous voices.

Bandit 1: Give. Give. Snorks no need for game.

Bandit 2: Juta no give meat. Big boss no happy with kept prisoners in cage.