Chapter 2 - Emerald Green (Part 1)

Chapter 2 – Emerald Green

Part 1

The doors of the hospital open, the sun shining brightly in the blue sky. Nexus steps out wearing his green graphic t-shirt and light blue jeans. His green hair and eyes glimmer brightly with the sun. “Take it slow” is what the doctor told him before he walked out. Nexus places his arm on his chest, he feels the metal inside his ribs, and smiles. “Too bad this doc doesn’t know me that well.” Nexus looks around and spots a ladder leading to a rooftop. “Let’s see if I still got it.” He sprints to the ladder and climbs to the top. He starts parkouring his way up the ladder and jumping between building stylishly. He reaches a tip of a building and looks around him. “Center of town, let’s see which way the garage is” He jumps across the buildings and towards the sea side. He keeps on running until he cuts to a dirt road that leads to an old construction site. He dashes through the site and into a junk yard. It looks massive. Piles of chunks of cars lying around the area and spread out for acres and acres. Nexus dashed through a few rows and columns of scrap metal and finally saw the blueish green room hidden by a broken crane that had fallen over. He opens the door to the room and looks around. It was a massive room, it had everything a garage needed. Tools, cars, energy drinks all made up this messy room. He walks over to a black SUV that has been lifted up by a machine and slams the hood with his hand. Under the car pops out a man wearing a red sweatshirt and an apron and a protective mask. He takes off the mask and apron and looks at Nexus.

Clunks: Well, well, I knew you made it but never knew I’d see you here so soon dip shit.

Nexus: good to see you too Jack. Did you look at it yet?

Clunks: Oh I sure did. It’s quite the gadget nexus. Alien level shit. Nothing of my degree you know.

Nexus: You have a degree?

Clunks walks over to his desk and grabs a black box and opens it. He picks up something green from it and hands it to Nexus. It looked like a metallic bracelet at first but had an odd shape to it. The sides of it were sharply pointing out in 11 shapes. The center of the bracelet looked like a watch with no hands and instead of being made out of metal, the bracelet was made of crystal clear emerald. If anything, it looked beautiful to Nexus.

Clunks: Thing is I tried equipping it myself but it wouldn’t function. I tried a few human dummies as well but some of them blew up or just got destroyed, or remained stationary.

Nexus: Blew up??

Clunks: Dummy number 37. He was the first to be tested. I realized there’s a security system in it so that if it was worn by anyone except its owner... let’s just say that your motto “make everything go boom” makes sense now.

Nexus: So who is the owner?

Clunks: That’s what I wanted to ask you, then I deactivated the system but couldn’t turn it on. Will you try wearing it?

Nexus: Not now, I need to get back to camp. Thanks though, for looking into it.

Clunks: Yeah yeah whatever. You owe me though scrub.

Nexus: Hah like I ever owed you anything.

Nexus runs out the garage and holds the bracelet in his arm. He looks at it and then places it in his pocket. He keeps on running until he reaches the green hill forest that lead to Camp Living Chat. Nexus walks through the gates of the camp and looks around. He spots the campfire that was lit last night, Emma was drying her clothes by her tent, Ash and Maja were playing a prank on Kamiron, Tygall and Brandon were having a conversation, he looks around a bit more before he gets pushed to the ground by a white girl with straight brown hair.