Chapter 2. Time for spices

Start from the beginning

Elliott, what are the stripes for?

Oh, they show their power level. 0 being the lowest and 4 being the highest, though it's rumored there are 5 stripe beastman that don't have any marks at all!

Thank you, Elliott.

You are welcome!

I walked further down where the trade center was, while I was walking down there, everyone was staring at me.

"Look! That female is so beautiful! Where are her males though?" One said

"Maybe the female is unmated! She still looks young!" Another wolf beastmen murmured

"She's probably lost" one whispered

I got down to a beastman that had a bunch of herbs and spices for sale, "hello can I buy some sp- medicines from you?" I asked the beastmen at the table. He appeared to be some type of sheep.

"O-Of course! What would you like?" He asked me.

I picked out chili peppers, ginger, pepper, basil, and garlic. He wrapped them in separate leaves and then into a package the size of a water bottle. I handed him 5 'jars' of the salt I earned from my quest.

"T-Thank you female!" The sheep stuttered. I left his booth and left quickly, I didn't go back to the cave, I went further to the right instead. I was walking for a half hour before I heard

Adia...

What Elliott?

They sent out a smoke signal.

What's that supposed to mean?

They are assuming that you're a lost female and sent out a signal for a search party to look for you, and bring you back to your tribe. Most likely the search party members will coddle you, and try to woo you.

WHAT?!? Fucking Christ are females considered that weak? Also, 'woo' me?

A lot of them are unmated, and since you are unmated, it means your free game to them.

Free game? Elliott, what the hell do you mean?

If a male finds an unmated female, that male can be the female's mate.

Fuck, what should I do?

Well if you don't wanna be caught, follow the gold!

Ok, thank you, Elliott.

⚠️QUEST TRIGGERED⚠️
ACCEPT?

I accept the quest

QUEST:
FOLLOW THE GOLD
REWARD: 40 SALT, 100 EXP, AND STAT JAR

Stat jar? What am I gonna use that for?

It increases your stats, currently, you are on par with a 1-marked male. Most of the search party is 2-4 marks though, so you better get going.