Chapter 1 - The Opening

Mulai dari awal

"Oh, the faculty room I'd be happy to tell you where that is, may I ask why you need to go to the faculty room?"

"Well, I actually just transferred to this school today, and I need to speak to a faculty member before I get to my assigned class."

"Woah, you just transferred today, I didn't know this school did transfers." The girl said, "mind if I ask where you transferred from?

"I was homeschooled actually, up until this year I decided I wanted to try out regular high school."

"That's so cool, I always wondered what it would be like to be homeschooled... Must've been lots of fun."

I unconsciously rubbed the back of my head, "You'd be surprised my teacher was pretty strict."

"Hehe~ well, I won't question their teaching methods. Well, the faculty's room is just a little further down the hall and to the right."

I was so close...

"Alright, cool, thank you for your help... umm..."

"Ichinose Honami, Class 1-B."

"... Well, I'm not gonna question your parents for giving you that special of a name, but thank you, Ichinose Honami Class 1-B."

"Hehe~ you think you're pretty funny, don't ya. It's Ichinose Honami, of Class 1-B but, no problem. Before I head off to class, could I know your name?"

"Fukumoto Akio."

"Well, it was nice meeting you Fukumoto-kun. Good luck on your first day, I hope to see you again!" Ichinose said with a radiant smile before heading off in the opposite direction of me. She looked back at me for a second, "when you get your student ID and email, come find me, I'll help you around campus!"

Wow, my first encounter with a student at this school, and it was with a beautiful girl, maybe high school won't be that bad after all.

After a bit of walking, I finally reached the faculty room. I knocked a couple of times on the door, but there was no response from the other side. Not knowing what to do, I decided to push the doors open. Looking around the room there wasn't really anything special about it, just some leather sofas in the middle of the room, surrounding a coffee table. Some doors were lining the walls that I could have only assumed were to other faculty members' offices. Just as I went to take a step inside the room, a firm hand grabbed my shoulder.

"What are you doing entering the faculty room without permission?" A flat voice came from behind me.

I turned around to see a man roughly my height with short grey hair behind me, clad in a black suit. He didn't look too much older than his late twenties... I think.

"Oh sorry, I was just told to head to the Faculty room. You see, I'm the new transfer student, and I was told to come here to get my assigned class."

"You must be Fukumoto then. You can call me Mashima-sensei, I'm the homeroom teacher for class 1-A."

"Nice to meet you grey-hair-sensei!"

Grey-hair-sensei's eyes flared with evil intent "... What did you just say?"

"Oh, I said, 'nice to meet you Mashima-sensei!'"

"Alright, sorry, I must've misheard you. Shall we get all the information settled in my office?" As he started walking to one of the many offices in the faculty room.

"Sure thing."

As I settled into the chair across from Grey-hair-sensei's desk, he handed me a guidebook about the school.