chapter 2: mèng yáo fans ONLY!!!

A/N: no plot related advancements for now, ah..... i prommy that next chapter will be. More enjoyable. ALSO NOT BETA-READ OR ANYTHING. we suffering tonite.
anyways take our MC being extremely bisexual. i cannot write any character Not bisexual. can u guys guess what im gonna do with mèng yáo...... anyways i love them. also i already noticed a plothole but i am the spirit of Airplane baby and i do not care.

C/W: not really any in this chapter; feel free to say if something sticks out.

-----

You're not entirely sure how saving the titular scum villain will work out. The System really should have chosen a better person for this, you bemoan, because like hell you can think of anything!! Maybe Luò Bīnghé wouldn't raise a hand against his own wife, but he sure as hell wouldn't mind stuffing you into a prison or letting his other wives beat the living shit out of you!

Xiǎo Dān is small! Her body barely measures up to the good old 5'4, definitely smaller compared to the three main leading girls in the harem! You try to keep your runaway thoughts still- and you flap your fixed fan idly, eyebrows scrunched up in thought.

"System," you call out in the quietness of your courtyard, "what..."

[ (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧ System here! What does host require of this one? ]

Still flapping your fan, you pause for a few moments. Like hell you'd ever trust this thing, but....

You know that your second life would probably be cut short in a moment's time if you acted in any way trying to save that scumbag! You don't even know WHAT to do, and that's the frustrating part! Nothing you say would make Luò Bīnghé, the person who got abused by that scum, NOT want to abuse his former teacher!

"How can I even help Shěn Qīngqiū," you grit out helplessly, Xiǎo Dān's gentle features twisting up in a grimace of anger, "Luò Bīnghé would probably have me dead before I even think of anything!"

[ Host just has to be-]

"No, host CANNOT be anything," you mock back at it, annoyed. "He'd kill me! Or let his wives torture me! We're talking about the SCUMBAG villain here! You think I can do shit to get his punishment reversed?! I'm not even from the Cang Qiong Mountain Sect!"

[ Host makes...] And wow, apparently the disembodied Google AI voice in your head can do emotions, because the System pauses for a few moments, then starts back up, sounding apologetic.

[ Good points. This lowly one will look over your assigned mission and make... A few adjustments. ]

"Thanking the heavens," you mutter to yourself, feeling some sort of pressure be lifted from your chest. The System immediately rings out right after, which scares the ever-living crap outta you.

"What-" You make an attempt to say, but fall short on the what part, reeling back from the System Jumpscare.

[ Host's main objective has been changed- convince Luò Bīnghé to lessen his punishment on Shěn Qīngqiū! If host would like, this one can offer many methods to help- ]

"SHUT IT," you screech, "no, no, no- Why would I ever wanna get near that hunk of a man?!! He's terrifying!!"

[ Host still doesn't have any room to complain, especially when this one decided to help him.. ]

"Why do you even want me to help save this guy," you bemoan, digging your new (actually clean) nails into your face. "He's scum! What would you even gain?!"

[ Adding wild factors into a story already determined by fate proves for INTERESTING FORMULA #1008378396299902. ] The System finishes it omniounsly (somehow), the Google AI disembodied voice echoing hollowly in your mind. You shiver.