Capricorn

The astrological sign of Capricorn and its personality

Your psychological nature is introverted and cold, totally controlled and phlegmatic, at least regarding the image you project invariably. You seem unemotional and austere. Actually, your secondarity chews over the strategies or responses that you create as a recation to the environment.

You are slow but very thoughtful, solid and balanced. You are as curt as you are cold and you put the strength of your character at the service of your huge and long-term ambition. Or you may be detached from the earthly riches and you focus on spiritual values.

Like all the people born under an apparently reserved and tough sign, your inner personality is often charming and gentle, as if the thick armour, forged throughout childhood, had entirely preserved the purity and the warmth of the soul imprisoned within.

Capricorn' sayings and key-words

The sentence "We achieve" encapsulates one of Capricorn's character traits. He is ambitious but practical, persevering and hard-working, devoid of qualms which might hamper him and of utopia which might lead him away from his initial goal.

The sign of Capricorn is serious, cold, disciplined, patient, focused, thoughtful, ambitious, indomitable, cautious, lucid, persistent, provident, steady, introverted, stern, wilful, hard-working, responsible, persevering, honest, realistic, loyal, reserved, resolute, moralistic, quiet, rigorous, attached and reliable.

But sometimes it is curt, withdrawn, calculating, petty, cruel, unpleasant, ruthless, selfish, dull, rigid, slow or sceptical.

The sign of Capricorn and its astrological characteristics

Rulership and exaltation in Capricorn

Each astrological sign has traits which are similar to, or different from, those of certain planets. They are known as planetary dignities. The planet having the strongest affinities with a sign is said to rule the sign and to be in its domicile, i.e. at home. It expresses itself with all its might, unreservedly. When a planet does not match a sign too well but remains compatible, it is in its exaltation. It gets its strength and its energy from the said sign though to a lesser extent than a planet in domicile.

The sign of Capricorn is in analogy with Saturn, its ruler. It gets along well with Mars, the planet which is in exaltation here.

Therefore, the astrological sign of Capricorn displays several traits pertaining to Saturn: discipline, patience, perseverance, rigour, concentration, responsibility, ambition, maturity, and discretion, but sometimes harshness, dilatory gesture, introversion, solitude, dryness, and lack of selflessness.

Capricorn also displays several traits pertaining to Mars. Some of Mars' features are found in the sign of Capricorn, i.e. energy to undertake, fighting spirit, resistance, courage, dynamism, but in some circumstances, despotism and cruelty too.

It must be noted that the interpretation of each zodiacal sign echoes the meaning of its House: the first sign and the 1st House, etc. Therefore, Capricorn, the tenth zodiacal sign, is in analogy with the 10th House: it is opposite the 4th house and corresponds to the native's professional career, as well as his social elevation as compared to his family background. It symbolises his ambitions and his achievements in the society.

It is also related to the general public, potential fame, and the mother's influence.

Capricorn Elements, Quadruplicities, and Polarities

Earth element of Capricorn
The twelve zodiacal signs are divided into four sectors matching the four elements: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. An element includes three compatible signs (triplicity), each element being mutually complementary.