𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏.

Rhegan

Rhegan

" To Derrick for being a good sport!" Kyler raised his glass as we surrounded the dinner table.

Derrick rolled his eyes yet held up his glass as we all clinked glasses. " Keep making jokes Kyler but at least he'll be treated like a winner later on tonight," Sade winked.

Derrick tightened his grip on Sade's waist as he went in for a kissing, mumbling how bad she was against her lips.

Kyler's smile dropped as Jora took a sip of his drink, eyeing him with humor twinkling behind her stare. Instead of entertaining our friend's clowning, she takes his hand, squeezing it softly.

It seems that all is forgotten when Kyler turns his attention to her, an immediate smile gracing his lips as she tilts her head, smiling as well.

I sighed watching the two.

Truly hoping that this time around, they would work out.

" I can't believe it's been a month already. It seems like time is flying past us and we're all just scrambling for open windows in our schedules to see each other now," Ayanna said.

Even the next few weeks would add more chaos to our schedules.

We had Ashanti and Alessandro's wedding to attend next weekend. Following that, Dominic's birthday is on the 30th.

However, despite the different events surrounding the month of September, my party planning skills were set in motion to throw him the best birthday he'd ever experienced.

To too all of it off, preseason was coming to an end and the pressure was really about to take a toll on the guys.

" It's just a few more months. Soon you guys will be on break and able to bounce back and forth as much as you can before we really get busy with playoffs," Abel spoke, rubbing Lizzie's inner thigh as she sat on the edge of his thigh.

None of us had any doubt that we wouldn't find time together. But the lingering fear of the media and how it affects our relationships was a threat lingering in all of our minds.

Hell, Jora and Kyler had already fallen victim to it.

Media outlets kept constant tabs on Ayanna and Carson's relationship following the ongoing trial of Edwards' assault case.

She didn't show it, but I knew that it stressed Ayanna out. Having moments where you think that you're in the comforts of your own privacy, only to find that moment exploited all over every gossip blog and magazine, was taking a toll on her.

And Carson couldn't do much while in an entirely different city. Still, he tried his best to comfort her anyway that he could.

The rest of the girls and I only had to deal with the social media trolls. Most of them showing their true colors when it came to interracial relationships. Sometimes it was hurtful to see the comments because of that. But we all got through it together.