𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓.

Dominic Steele

Dominic Steele

Sweat dripped down my back as I flopped onto the concrete of Carson's outside basketball court.

"Rapazes!  Eu fiz limonada.Venha beber," Giselle, Carson's mother yells from the terrace overlooking the backyard.

— Boys! I made lemonade. Come drink.

My Portuguese was a little rough but I hung out around Carson nearly everyday of my life since middle school. I could understand it, but I damn sure couldn't speak it.

And what I really could understand was when mama addams was going off on a rampage. Now that was something you didn't want to bear witness to.

Giselle turns with a smile on her face and sashays back into her home. Turning around, I see Xander watching her with goo goo eyes.

Little shit had his eyes on everyone else's woman instead of trying to find his own. If I hadn't known better, I would've thought that he had mommy issues. That wasn't the case.

His mom was at every game with a sign the size of a billboard cheering her son on. Xander seemed to have a hard on for women that were spoken for these days.

" Even if she weren't married, you wouldn't stand a chance, Xandy- cakes." I teased, pinching his cheeks as he swatted my hands away.

Catching on to my teasing, Carson put Xander in a headlock.

" Little shit," he grunted as Xander gagged from the weight crushing his windpipe."What'd I tell you about checking out my mom? What'd I say?"

" Th-that you'd shave my hair and sell it on ebay to the highest bidder," Xander tapped out, inhaling a gulp of air once free from Carson's arm.

Carson chuckled and rolled away from Xander." This is your last warning Brooks."

Xander nodded frantically as I pushed off of the ground and stretched. The sun beamed down on my skin harshly, burning up the back of my shirtless body as I headed towards the terrace.

Sitting down in one of the chairs, I grabbed a glass with ice and filled it with lemonade. Pulling out my phone, I checked my emails from my agent, all of which considered him asking me to do this music video with an upcoming r&b singer.

Rolling my eyes, I exited out of my email and sat my phone down.

" What's wrong?" Abel asked, sitting across from me as the others joined.

Squinting my eyes, I turned away from the direction of the sun and looked at him. " Johansson wants me to do this music video to help bring more attention to me but I'm a basketball player, not a video boy toy. Plus, I think that I bring enough attention to myself on the court."

Truth was, I didn't want to do the video for a number of reasons.

One, I wanted people to take my career seriously. It was bad enough that my talent in the game was getting questioned and the word " nepotism" was thrown left and right in every article written about me.