𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.

I held up the dress to my body as I stood in front of the mirror trying to find the perfect outfit

He was going to be there today— I could feel it in my gut.

Almost like a case of phantom dick.

" Ugh," I groan as I throw the dress to the side.

I rummage through my now messy closet and pull out a sheer red top that was cropped and tied in the front. I kept my bra on as I slid my arms into the long sleeved top, the ends of it were lined with faux feathers that boas were made of.

It looked like something every main character female lead in the late nineties, early two thousands would wear, which is why I bought it.

I grabbed a pair of black flared jeans that hugged my figure nicely. I turned slightly in the mirror, my chin hooked over my shoulder as I examined the way that the jeans hugged my ass.

I wore a black bra under the top because it gets cold in the stadium and having my nipples hard and visible the whole time— is just a big fat no.

" Nice," I mumble as I reach for my red metallic retro's to bring the outfit together. I ran my eyes over the outfit once more, feeling like something was still missing.

I ran back into my belt drawer and pulled out a  crystal belly chain. Instead of wearing it around my belly, I looped the chain through my belt loops and wore it as a belt instead.

" I like it."

Finding that I liked the look of this better than the other outfits I had put together, I grabbed a few rings and shoved them on my fingers before doing some touch ups to my hair and makeup.

The outfit wasn't my usual attire but I liked to switch it up from time to time. Plus I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard to impress the guy that I left.

I walked into the bathroom and examined my look all over again.

My hair was in a slicked back braided ponytail, the end of it almost reaching my lower back due to me not cutting it. I used a brush and some gel to fix a few fly aways that had aborted the mission.

I then did a few touch-ups to my face, swiping on a new coat of cherry red lipstick before plopping the tube into my bag.

I stepped away from the mirror, taking in my outfit, hair, and makeup. I ran my hands down my body as I began to feel confident in my own skin.

" You look hot!" Ayanna's voice was heard from my bathroom doorway.

I turned towards my best friend and took her in.