Chapter 7

"Well," Stratus was saying as Jellyfish and Aconi came back. "I should get going. My training starts soon." Aconi rolled her eyes.

     "See you," Jellyfish said while everyone said goodbye. Stratus nodded slightly at her.

     "I have to go," Aconi said. "My mom needs me soon."

     "Same," said Jellyfish. "Cloudy and I have our um," he glanced at Aconi. "Our club thing." Jellyfish knew what this club thing was, but she didn't know what Aconi would think of it.

     "Could the rest of us hang out?" Jellyfish asked Bermuda and Jasmine. They exchanged an unsure look and nodded.

     "See you later," Aconi said. "Don't have too much fun without me." She kissed Jellyfish's cheek before she left.

      It was hard to watch her go.

      "Oooh," Bermuda started. "Someone has a girlfriend,"

      "Shush," Jellyfish said, thumping her tail.

      "What do you guys want to do?" Jasmine asked, rubbing her snout.

      "We could go to my house," Bermuda offered.

      "Yes," Jellyfish said, pointing at her. "Your mom makes the best cookies."

      Bermuda was the only child of a SeaWing and a SandWing. Her mother, the SandWing, was a quiet and soft-spoken baker, who made the best pastries in the tunnels. Her father, the SeaWing, was on Fearless's personal council as an accountant. They were both very kind and accepting, and were very welcoming through food.

     "Alright," Bermuda said. "Let's go."

     The three of them got up and headed out of the market up the main tunnel. The main tunnel was by far the oldest and biggest tunnel in the whole of the caves and was usually very busy.

     "My dad is at an important meeting today," Jasmine said, between Jellyfish and Bermuda. "Not that he really cares where I go, but we don't have to worry about him dwaddling around us trying to make jokes and 'keeping up with the kids."

     Bermuda laughed. "He does do that."

     "I don't talk to him enough," Jellyfish said. "He seems scary."

     Jasmine rolled her eyes. "You know he's not though. Under all those spikes he's soft."

     "Jasmine, babes," Bermuda said, grabbing her shoulder for dramatic effect. "Your dad carries around a battle axe 24/7."

      "That reminds me to ask you," Jellyfish said. "Does he sleep with that thing?"

       The joke flew over Jasmine's head entirely. "No, he keeps it right next to his bed."

      "Oh," Bermuda said, opening the door to her house. She lived much closer to Fearless's cave, due to her father's status. Jellyfish was a little lower than the middle since Beige was such good friends with Jackpine and was a guard on night patrol, and Jasmine was sandwiched between them since Jackpine wasn't technically on the council- yet. Many dragons thought he should take the place of a commander or something, but Fearless thought she could take the job on herself.

     The smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies lulled Jellyfish inside and made her mouth water. The same thing must have happened to Jasmine, but she gave Jellyfish an enchanted look.

     Bermuda was unfazed. "What're you making, mom?"

     The quiet SndWing looked at her over the counter with a smile. "Cookies. I'm also making oatmeal raisin cookies later, once this last batch finishes."