[II] Chapter 8 - Beginning of a Terror

Despite their continued efforts, Mizuki and her mom couldn't find the person who is Zero One's true identity. Right now, they're taking a break at a cafe somewhere at the downtown district.

"I'm sorry that we couldn't find him, sweetie." Her mother apologized, which Mizuki shakes her hand to not make her mother worry.

"It's alright, mom. It's worth the try." Mizuki said, taking a bite of her shortcake. "But thank you for helping me this far."

"Anything to make you happy, sweetie." Her mother replied. The two continue their break together, until something came into Mizuki's mind.

"Mom, I've been thinking." She started, which her mother gets her attention, "If he is homeless... can we bring him to our home?"

Her mother thought for a moment after hearing Mizuki's thoughts, before taking a sip of her tea and replies, "It's all up to him, honestly." Mizuki is confused whether her mother approved of the idea or not, which she then elaborate. "What I'm saying is that if he wants, we can prepare a room for him. We have a guest room, so I don't mind if he sleeps there."

Mizuki couldn't held her joy hearing it, and it made her more motivated to find him, evident by her eating her shortcake faster than before. Her mother sees her daughter's joy and giggles. "Do you like him?"

Upon hearing the question, Mizuki stops as her face turned red. "M-m-mom?!"

"I'm just saying. He saved you twice, so you I thought that you might like him like a knight in shining armor." Her mother joked. Mizuki looked down in embarrassment, to the point where she struggled to hold her spoon.

"... I guess I do." She admits. Her mother then smiled at her daughter, feeling proud that she found someone that she like.

"Then I guess we should finish our break soon." She said, which Mizuki nods and finished the last of her shortcake. While the two and everyone else is having their peaceful time, something is coming that will change that drastically.

"... Begin."

A sound of explosion is heard away from the street, causing panic to erupt and making the two women stood up to see where it came from.

"A terrorist attack?!" Mizuki's mother remarked, while her daughter then noticed many IS units flying above, with some of them descending and starts wreaking havoc around the streets, causing more panic.

"We have to get out of here!" She then said to her daughter, which Mizuki holds her hand and runs away from the cafe. On their way, her mother pulled out her IS Brace to contact the IS Force. "This is Kotona Raye of the IS Force. Requesting authorization of my personal IS, stat!" She ordered, but it instead denied her request, with a reason being that she's off-duty, making her groan. "I have no time for this!"

The two turned to a new street, only to find more rogue IS Units flying. They then turned around and run towards the other direction, where they ended up at the park where a large gathering of IS Units is there, along with two women standing at a podium. Unfortunately, some of the rouge IS Units spotted them, and chased the two. However, Mizuki tripped and seeing the incoming ISes, she reactively deploys some parts of her IS and crossed her hands to defend herself.

"Mizuki!" Kotona yelled seeing her daughter. Mizuki closed her eyes in fear of getting hurt, but she then heard a cry from afar, one that she knows the tone of voice well.

"Mizuki!" A flying pink blur intercepts the IS and kicks it away from her, before said blur lands in front of her and kneels. Mizuki opens her eyes before being surprised to see who it is.

 Mizuki opens her eyes before being surprised to see who it is