Chapter 6 - Recovering Wounds

The next day arrived, and the terror from yesterday still lingers in everyone's minds. But within a certain household, it affected them much more than the rest...

"The terrifying attack of yesterday claimed at least thirty lives, yet the IS Officers have failed to respond quick enough. For myself, I think we should thank the Black IS for his unbelievable help. The IS Police should learn a thing or two from him..."

From someone's POV, the TV is turned off, as the person sighs while taking her sip of her coffee in the morning.

'Blame the higher ups of keeping us from ever responding. What was she thinking?!' She fumed in anger, before looking at the stairway that leads to a certain girl. 'Now dear Mizuki is traumatized... Damn you...'

Within said girl's room, lies Mizuki herself on her bed, covered in her blanket, still traumatized after yesterday's near-death situation. She glanced at a bracelet that houses her IS, but when she reached it...

Bang!

... her hand quickly retracts and digs deeper into her blanket, shivering in fear.

"...M-mom..." She whimpered, as the sound of the gunshot still lingers within her mind...

Abandoned Warehouse,

At the Printing Room, Izu is pacing back and forth of thinking any ways to help the currently unconscious (Y/n). Zea however simply watched the Humagear, bemused.

"Are you attempting to reach Singularity, Unit Izu?" She asked, making the Humagear stopped. She stared at (Y/n) with no interest of turning away from him.

"I want to help him." She simply stated.

"I know you are, but your functions are nothing more than being the secretary unit. You cannot be able to reach it that way."

"Then should I stay still and only provide information to him?" Izu replied back, with her programming starting to develop a new emotion.

"... Yes." A loud smack is heard, as Izu slammed her palm onto the printer in the newly developed frustration. "Izu... I'm not exaggerating this, but you're the only unit left in this world. Should you be destroyed, the final remains of our creator will be lost forever."

"But what about you?" Izu said, now developing somewhat of a retaliation towards the AI. "Your main body will forever revolving the Earth. You're also his remains." There was a bit of silence between the two, until Zea shows a schematic of it, Izu, and the Zero One Driver.

"... My time is not long, Unit Izu." Zea stated, before continuing. "If either your destruction or the Driver's destruction happen, my functions will be ceased. The satellite will no longer have the AI within." It then elaborate with the schematic being erased from the screen. "We both know our directives. But I'm afraid that I cannot let either of you get destroyed."

The Humagear still stay silent after listening to Zea's reasons. In a sudden, Izu turned around and went to the computer, holding her hand above the keyboard.

"... Unit Izu?"

"Zea..." Izu said, before looking at the screen that shows the programming lines of Rising Hopper. "... We should begin developing the upgrade for Rising Hopper. For President (Y/n)'s sake."

The AI fell silent after listening Izu's request, as the surroundings begin covered with zeroes and ones as a manifestation of the AI directly stood by the Humagear's side.

"I shall provide the algorithm. Let us proceed, Unit Izu." And with that, Izu's hands immediately presses the keys in a breakneck speed, with Zea providing the algorithm and simulation at the same time for the Humagear to experience. Little did they know, Izu's Module Ring flashed yellow before returning to its normal blue light.

Progrising Beyond Stratosजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें