"Dr. Nozawa went missing 2 weeks ago."

Yuki froze. His eyes widening and going out of focus. "But he– He was still doing research."

"Dr. Nozawa completed his work ahead of schedule with your help. He turned the report in and a couple days later went missing." Aizawa explained.

"He was last seen leaving his car in the parking lot but never returned to the lab."

Yuki's numbing confusion didn't allow him to respond, let alone react.

"I've been told there's a chance he might have been found out by who we're currently after." Aizawa continued. He wouldn't hide that he knew Yuki was fully aware of the ongoing Shie Hassaikai case. "Dr. Nozawa called me out of concern about how close this case was to the one of the past..."

"Yeah." Yuki managed to say. "I want to help."

Aizawa couldn't say he didn't see this coming. "No."

"Please," Yuki clenched his hands into a fist, "I can help. Let me help."

"Help with what exactly?"

"There's a kid isn't there?" Yuki whispered. "They'll need someone–"

"You don't know how much more there is to this. And I won't allow my student to relive something similar." Aizawa sternly stated.

Dancing around the topic of a case that wasn't meant to be public knowledge. Perhaps Aizawa should have asked to meet him somewhere more private.

"I've told you many times. I'm not in any position to bring some outsider into the investigation."

Yuki bit the inside of his cheek. He knows. Yuki knows he wouldn't really be able to help in the investigation. What help he could provide was already done, and what was left to do wouldn't happen until the day of the rescue.

"Then, let me be there after." Yuki whispered, his voice shaking.

"Let me be there when you get them out. I won't be in the front lines, but I'll be there. In case the worst happens. I can lessen the damage on that at least, please, Aizawa-sensei."

Yuki took a step back before taking a deep bow, "I beg of you, sensei."

"Satori–"

"They're dangerous, aren't they?" Yuki asked, "Then let me offer my support."

Aizawa turned back to his desk and picked up the red pen, 

"I'll let them know. I'm not the one who gets a say in the final decision."

Yuki kept his bow, "Yes, sir."

"I'll let the rest of the students know after I get the green light."

"Yes."

"If in any way you can't do what you say you'll do, I'll have you removed from the case." Aizawa warned.

"Yes. I promise it won't happen." Yuki proclaimed.

Having things settled and a new student possibly on board with the case, Aizawa dismissed him.

* * *

Yuki made it back to class on time for Ectoplasm to assign homework at the end.