14

Delon

"What?" I spat into the phone as Katrina yelled at me. I didn't understand nothing she was saying but I knew she was crying and yelling.

"It had to be you or your spiteful ass family! Who else would call cps on me for no fucking reason?" She yelled at me.

"Katrina, get the fuck out of here! You think I'm that much of a low down nigga that I would put our child in jeopardy?" I sat up in my chair yelled at her dumb ass. I didn't have a clue of what she was talking about but I now I didn't have no parts in it.

"I didn't have any of these issues before you got out of jail. Now all of a sudden someone's sending people to do wellnesss checks on Zion?"

"You think me of all people is working with the fucking courts? I'll handle shit with you myself before I ever turn to them motherfuckers for anything!"

"It has to be your family! Who else would do some shit like that?" She kept yelling and I eventually started blocking her out because she wasn't trying to hear me.

"Katrina, I fucking hear you! Stop yelling at me bro!" I yelled at her the line went silent.

"I hear you Trina. You're a good ass mom and you don't have nothing to worry about. I don't know who did no shit like that but if I find out it's up." I reassured her because at the end of the day despite our arguing I could never take away the fact that she was a good mom to my son.

"I think I'm just gonna come and see him while he's over there if that's okay with you." She sniffled.

"Trina, you gotta calm down and breathe. Get some sleep, collect your thoughts and I'll get ready to drop him off." I told her since he was still sleeping.

After getting off the phone with Katrina my mind instantly wandered to my mom and sister but I didn't want to think they would do some shit like that. I hovered my fingers over my mothers contact but decided against calling her.

Walking around the house I packed up Zion's stuff and then went to his room where he was still sleeping in his bed. I shook my head at the sight of his mouth wide open and his body laid near the edge of the bed, hanging off.

I walked over to him and pushed him lightly back onto the bed before leaving out his room but the sound of the door made him pop up.

"Dad?" He asked confused.

"What's up? You ready to see your mom?"

"Mmh, what time is it?" He scratched his head as he looked around the room confused.

"It's going on five. I'm gonna ask you mom if she cooked but if not we'll stop and get something to."

"Okay dad."

-

"Y'all know something about a wellness check?" I asked as I stood in the living rooms of Aria's house.

"A wellness check for who?" My mother asked and she raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"For Zion." I crossed my arms and leaned against the doorframe. I wasn't in the mood for none of the fake outrage she was about to give me.

"Oh no, I wouldn't do that to you son. That's nothing to play around with at all." She shook her head and I just stared at her, not knowing if she was lying or not.

"Aria ?"

"What?" She snapped at me.

"You know something about a wellness check?"

"Why would I? Y'all need someone to do a wellness check on Zion or something?" She turned her face up at me.

"What the fuck are you talking about? My son is well taken care of by both of his parents. Why the fuck would he need a wellness check?"

"Delon stop all that cussing." My mother pointed at me but I wasn't even listening to her.

"Tell your daughter to stop playing with me, deadass. That shit sounds mad suspect."

"What's suspect? I'm not thinking about your son or your incompetent baby mother." She looked up from her phone with a humous laugh.

"Incompetent? Now you're talking fucking crazy. If you called CPS on Katrina stand on that shit." I said and my mother gasped dramatically.

"Delon, don't say that. She's your sister and you know she wouldn't do that to y'all!" She waved her finger at me.

"So why she ain't saying nothing?"

"Huh? Aria?"

"There's nothing to say. I can check on my nephew if I want to." She shrugged her shoulder and I damn near reached over my mother and yolked her ass up but my mother stopped me.

"Delon, don't put your hands on her or I'm calling your fucking father! You two need to stop right now!"

"She's trying to get my son taken from me and you're still taking her side! She's mad at Katrina so she calls CPS? That's not even some shit you play about."

"It's just a wellness check. As long as she doing everything right there's nothing y'all should worry about." My mom said and I shook my head.

"That's not the fucking point! You know they take shit like that serious! You got strangers questioning my son asking him random questions and shit like he's not taken care of!"

"Well, I never see him so I wouldn't know." Aria spoke up from the other side of the couch and I glared at her.

"So you talk to me about that shit, not child protective services! I hope Katrina beat's your ass for that shit."

"Yeah and her case worker would love to hear that." She raised her eyebrows and turned her lips up me.

"Aria cut the shit." My mom snapped at her.

"Let me get the fuck out this house before I be in jail behind my family, for real." I left the house and slammed the door behind me. I was beyond pissed that my sister would do some shit like that to me and didn't have an idea in the fucking world what to do about it.

Reaching in my pocket I pulled out my phone and called the only level headed person in my family.

"Pops." I said as soon as he answered.