Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia

Start from the beginning

'Sorry big sis. I am fine, alhamdu lilLah'

'Where are you?' 

'I'm at L'Aroma, at the University Garden just behind the library'. 

'Okay, I'll be with you in a moment'. She informed Shazia before hanging up. 

****

It had been 2 weeks since the incident with Khaleed but Shazia was still playing hide and seek with Amir. She never returned his calls and at school, she avoided wherever they could meet. Amir was greatly disturbed and it affected him badly. One Friday, he decided they were going to meet and talk no matter what he had to do, so he stood outside her lecture hall patiently waiting for her. 

An hour later, Najma, Zarah and Shazia walked out of the lecture hall together - Najma was a better person than she was in Secondary school so she and Shazia were now really good friends. They were both studying architecture.

'Shazee, Amir is waiting for you. We'll leave now'. Najma informed her, dragging Zarah's hand. 

'No, please wait'. Shazia pleaded, but the girls were already far away. Shazia walked past him. 

'Shazee, please wait let's talk'. Amir pleaded but Shazia increased her pace. He kept following her till he couldn't handle her childishness anymore. 'Shazee, this is your Amir, your very best friend'. He reminded her, making her freeze in her tracks as she was about to get into the car. 

'Shazee, I love you'. He confessed, a few meters away from her. 'I've loved you since 15th February, 2009, the very first day I laid my eyes on you. I am really sorry that I never told you this earlier, I never had the guts to. You are a part of me Shazee, my most prized possession. You mean everything to me Noorie (my light)!'. The sincerity in his voice brought tears to her eyes, but she still refused to face him. 'I am so sorry that my failure to disclose this caused us both pains, I just never had the guts to ask you out. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you Shazee. You own my heart. I know it might be late for me now but please forgive me'. 

'Well, it took you so long'. She glared at him, throwing him an apple which he caught. She entered the car and the driver drove away, leaving a sad Amir at the parking lot. 

Amir called Shazee later that day and she also confessed how she had loved him since the very first day they met. After talking for a while, they made up and that was the beginning of a truly beautiful relationship - The best days of their lives. 

It wasn't long before everyone knew the couple together, they were inseparable and they brought out the best in each other - The cutest couple in school! Even when they were apart, they were always on the phone. But because both families already knew for a long time that they had feelings for each which they both tried to deny and because the relationship wasn't affecting the spiritual and moral aspect of their lives and also their studies, no one bothered! Laura was the happiest, she had always hoped and prayed to see the day they'll be together. 

'Amir, I really love you. I can't see myself without you'. Shazia cried on the phone one night. 

'C'mon baby, you'll be fine!' He assured her. 'Besides, I'm not going anywhere God willing. We will have our 3 kids first, right?' He teased her. 'What even brought about this?' He inquired.

'What if you end up marrying someone else?' She was still crying.

Amir laughed so hard it got on Shazia's nerves. 'Oh Noorie, Amir is yours alone. I've never loved anyone and I'll never love anyone besides my Noorie, okay?' He comforted her for more than an hour before bidding her goodnight.