Take me to Valhalla - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw

Start from the beginning

He walks away and Rooster sighs, coming over to me.

"Hey, Val. What's game?" he asks.

"Not much, except you missed the part where Phoenix called him Bagman." I motion towards Hangman and hit another perfect shot, leaning up to fully look at Rooster.

"Hmm. Well, he hasn't changed." Rooster says.

"Nope. Sure hasn't." I answer and hit another perfect shot.

I grab my beer, take a sip and hand it to him. Rooster takes a sip and holds onto it. We've been co-pilots for months now, practically best friends, to be honest.

Fanboy looks at the doors: "Check it out," we all look over, "More patches."

"That's Harvard, Yale, Omaha. Shit, thats Fritz." Payback says, "What the hell kind of mission is this?"

"That's not the question we should be asking." Phoenix says, "Everyone here is the best there is."

"Who are they gonna get to teach us?" I ask.

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

Rooster and I are sitting further back from the pool table, still sharing the same bottle of beer. Hangman, as per usual, is making fun of as many people as possible, and trying to get everyone to acknowledge that he should be team leader.

"How's your sister?" Rooster asks me and I can't help but burst into laughter.

"What?" he asks, confused. At that moment, Phoenix comes over and looks down at me, grinning.

"Did he ask about your sister?" she asks, eagerly.

I nod in between my laughs and hand her a ten-dollar note. She grins at Rooster and walks away.

"Did you bet on me?" he chuckles and looks at me while I hold onto my stomach because of how much I'm laughing.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"No you're not." he smiles.

I smile back and hand him the bottle. He takes a sip and looks up at me, waiting for me to stop laughing.

"You done?" he asks. I nod, trying to stop.

"I can't." I say, getting up and wiping a tear from my eye.

Hangman sees me do so and looks at Rooster.

"First day back and you already made her cry?" he says.

"Shut up, Hangman." I say, suddenly serious again.

He points at me: "See, I work like a charm." he grins.

I look at Rooster and roll my eyes. He chuckles at me and we step back towards the pool table. Coyote suddenly sees someone sitting on a chair next to the table.

"When did you get here?" he asks.

The man, wearing glasses, looks up and smiles politely.

"Oh, I've been here all the time."

"The man's a stealth pilot. Literally." Hangman jokes, making me laugh.

"Uh- Weapons systems officer, actually." the man says.

Hangman sighs: "With no sense of humor."

"What do they call you?" Phoenix asks.

"Bob." the man says.

"No- I mean, what's your call sign." she sighs when Hangman starts chuckling to himself.

"Oh- uh, Bob." Bob says.

"Wait. You're Bob Floyd, my new backseater? From Lemoore?"

Hangman and Coyote snicker, turning away to laugh.

"Looks like it, yeah." Bob says.

I lean onto Rooster's shoulder to watch this conversation and he secretly adores it.

"Nine-ball, Bob," Phoenix hands him a cue, "Rack 'em."

He smiles awkwardly. "Okay."

Bob gets up and starts playing. I look up at Rooster and he smiles down at me.

"Want another beer?" I ask. He nods.

I walk away towards the bar.

"Penny, dear?" I say, waiting for the bartender to get here.

"What can I get ya?" she asks.

I see the former pilot at the counter.

"Is he paying?" I ask, pointing at him.

Penny smiles at the man and he gives me a help-me look.

"He is." she grins at me.

"All right," I say, "I'll make it easy on him. I'll have one more instead of two."

He chuckles at me. "Thanks."

"No problem. How long d'you serve?" I ask, waiting for the beer.

"Uh, I still do. It's been well over 30 years now." he says proudly.

"Wow. What are you, an admiral?" I ask.

He sighs: "No, actually, a captain."

I shrug.

"As long as you're doin' what fits best, as long as you're where you belong, there's nothin' wrong with that." I smile at him, get the beer from Penny and walk away back to Rooster.

I walk up to Rooster who's leaning against a pillar and he grabs the beer out of my hand.

"Woah, take it easy there, Rooster. I'm not carrying you home tonight." I chuckle.

"Of course not, Val. Because I'm taking you home." he smirks and I can't help but laugh to cover my blush.

Hangman and the others heard it, Rooster earning a couple of compliments.

"Well?" he asks and I look up at him. The others are watching us now, waiting for my answer.

"You know what, Bradshaw, why not?" I smirk. Fanboy and Payback laugh, Hangman pats Coyote's shoulder.

Rooster grins: "Take me to Valhalla."

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

heyy everyonee

how'd you like the first one?

I know that the way I wrote it isn't exactly chronological towards the movie, but it works, doesn't it?

hope you liked it, don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!

x

Brooke