"Jang Wonyoung."

Her body jolts upwards, too startled at the sudden and stern call of her name. She couldn't dare to turn her body around, to face the obviously mad person behind her.

"AAH!"

Wonyoung hollers as a sudden force pushes her down on the bed. She's so close to crying again when a pair of arms are wrapped around her small frame.

"Y—yuj..."

"Shushh... Let me enjoy this warmth in silence for a while."

So Wonyoung obeys Yujin's small request, silently letting the tears stream down her face as she grips Yujin's warm palms.

"W—wait, why are you so warm, Wonyoung?"

She keeps her mouth shut as Yujin put her palm on her forehead.

"Hey, you're boiling hot, stupid!"

She tries her best not to be obvious with her sobs but when Yujin shouts, Wonyoung finally breaks down, palms covering her face as she sobs in front of the startled Yujin.

"I'm so sorry. N—no excuse could ever be enough for my....stupid plan. I am so... so sorry, Yujin. Th—that was so foolish of me."

Unsure of what to do, Yujin could only hug her again and rubs the side of her waist to comfort her.

"Yu—Yuj, I like you. I like you so much that it hurts."

The world all stopped in an instant. Instead, an unfamiliar warmth seeps into Yujin's heart.

It was when Wonyoung wriggled her way out of the hug to wipe her remaining tears that the world continue moving again.

Biting her lip, Yujin stares as Wonyoung speaks in stuttered breaths, rubbing the sides of her stomach.

"I was so scared of losing you but instead of keeping you close, I pushed you away even more."

Her eyes and Wonyoung's meet, and that is the second breaking point for the latter.

"I—It was so stupid to assume you are... harboring the same feelings for me when it was just us not being able to stay distant from each other."

It's so grueling for her to see Wonyoung in the state she is in, but she holds herself and waits as Wonyoung continues with her stammered breath.

"My stupidness blinded me that I'm too ashamed to say that it was me who acted all cocky and—"

"You weren't fully wrong about that, you know?"

Yujin watches intensely as Wonyoung mutters her last few words.

"mighty like that... WHAT?"

She folds her arm in front of her chest, trying to calm herself.

"I never said that I didn't like you, Jang."

She mumbles but still makes sure that the mentioned girl heard it. What she never expected to happen is that Wonyoung continued sobbing her heart out while cautiously grabbing onto the hem of her shirt.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Yujin."

Yujin stands still, looking up as tears well upon her eyelids at the sight of this vulnerable Wonyoung. It's not that she wants to drag this argument but she's afraid that if she mistakes this feeling for something else, it will break Wonyoung's heart. She opens her mouth to speak as Wonyoung calms down but is cut by the latter.

"I—I understand if you need time to cool down first."

"Won..."

"I'll go home now. Meet you soon, Yuj..."