2: Made a friend?

Praxina

Talia, who was carrying me, walked towards an area with a lot of children running around and playing.

"Do I gots ta go dewe?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Yes, you do. If you don't want to go you could stay and sit on the bench with me" she said.

"I wanna stay wif you den" I said decisively.

"You sure?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes" I said

"Okay" Talia said as she sat down. She situated me on her lap and took a a weird looking rectangle.

"Was dat?" I asked curiously.

"My phone" she said vaguely.

Okay, she doesn't want to talk me, message received.

"I fink I wan go pway now" I said quietly.

"Okay, stay close, okay?" She lightly advised.

"Ohhkay" I said.

She gently set me down and I tried to stand up on the fall on my padded behind.

"Behave, please?" She pleaded.

"Fine" I sighed out.

"Thank you" she said as pet my head.

I looked up at her, shocked. Did she just pet my head? Yes. Did I just like it? Yes. She smiled softly at me.

I immediately crawled away from her. I ended up in the middle of a box full of sand. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see a little girl who looked around one or a little older.

"Hewo, my name is Gabwiella but my momma and daddy call me Gabby, who you?" She asked

"I P-pwaxina" I said, once again pronouncing my name wrong.

"That's a nice name, but I gonna call you Prax" she said

Before I could object, she had started talking again.

"Hey, you wanna pway with me?" Gabby asked.

"Uhm, I do wan to dat much" I said

"Awww, come on, pwease!" Gabby asked with this strangely persuasive look on her face.

"Fine" I said

"Yay! Now come on, we gonna pway tag" she said

"Was dat?" I asked.

"Uhh, is a game where you gotta chase me and if you touch me,I have ta chase you and if I touch you, you have ta chase me again" she explained.

"Ohhkay"

"Good, let's go" she said as she stood up and toddled away.

"Wait, you can wawk!" I screamed

"Yuh-huh, momma taught me how ta a little whiwe ago" she said happily.

"I can't do dat" I said sadly

"Aww, is ok. I was taught by my momma, maybe I could teach ya" she said.

"Yeah, les do dat!" I said excitedly. I would do anything to learn to walk and stand again.

She toddled off slowly with me crawling not far behind. She got to a small chair that was carelessly left lying there.

"Okay, my momma saided that ta be able to walk you gotta know how ta stand. She made me practice standing by making me hold on to a chair, so you gots ta try dat too" she explained

"Ohhkay" I said as I held on to the chair and tried to stand up like how I usually would. I failed immediately by falling on my padded rump.

After multiple attempts, all failed, my butt was starting to hurt. I was on the brim of crying right now but I didn't want to stop, I have to walk. I fell again and my tears gushed like a waterfall.

"Oh! Prax, no! Don cry! You gonna get it. No need ta cry" Gabby's eyes widened as she tried to comfort me.

I felt myself being picked up and I saw that it was Talia. I wrapped my arms around her neck and sobbed into her shoulder.

"What's wrong, Praxina?" Talia asked, rubbing my back which was actually soothing.

"I didn't mean to make her cry! Promise! We wewe trying to help her with hew walking 'nd then she felled 'nd she cried. I didn't know she gonna cry! Promise!" Gabby shouted.

"It's okay, little one. I think she just needs a break from playing" Talia said softly.

"I'm not da one who made her sad?" Gabby asked sadly.

"No, she's just tired" Talia smiled reassuringly.

"Okay, bye Praxie" Gabby said sadly.

I looked at her and waved sadly. I felt tears come to my eyes.

"Buh-bye Gabby" I said

"You can play again tomorrow, we'll be back, same time, okay?" Talia suggested, stopping a fresh bout of tears from appearing.

"Okay!" Gabby and I said happily.

Gabby ran off to a woman talking to another. She was happily screaming that she'd made a friend. A friend? Me? That felt... nice.

"Well, what was that about, eh?" Talia asked.

"My butt huwts and is itchy" I said looking at her.

"The itchiness was probably caused by a rash" Talia said as she pulled the back of my diaper with her finger.

"And I'm right, your diaper's wet and your bums all red. Poor thing" Talia said as she walked towards where Iris, Auriana and Nate were.

"Iris, do you have her diaper bag?" Talia asked.

"Yeah, here you go" Iris gave her a strange looking bag.

Talia took out a mat like the one Iris had and put it down. She repeated the same process as Iris did accept she put a strange and cold cream that left a weird sensation down there.

"All done. The rash cream should help with your rash" Talia said as she put the things back in the bag.

"She got a rash?" Auriana asked.

"Yeah, the little thing got distracted while she was playing with her new friend and was too busy to notice" Talia said in a soft voice.

"Aww, poor baby" Iris cooed

"Praxina made a friend!" Auriana screamed

"Yes, what was your friend's name?" Talia asked

"Gabby" I answered shortly, yawning right after.

"I think your child is tired" Nathaniel chuckled.

"I 'till don wike ya" I said crossing my arms, yawning again.

"Why?" He asked, confused.

"Cuz I don"

"I think we should put you down for a nap, eh" Auriana said, snatching me from Talia.

"Uh-uh, nu, I don wan ta nap" I said but my body seemed to betray as I let out a long yawn.

"Yes, you do" she said.

"Bye Nate" Iris said as we headed back to their home.

"I not gon nap" I said stubbornly.

"Sure"

Ahhhh, page dos.

I'm excited to write the next page.