Chapter 4

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I mean, seriously?

All I could say was, "Wow."

I watched as Summer pulled away from him. Her lipstick was smudged and smeared across his face.

I should be angry at Eric, but I find myself more upset with Summer.

Because Summer was Finn's girlfriend.

And both of us, including Jackson, had just walked in on them.

I glance at Finn and he just has this blank expression across his face, like he somehow wasn't surprised.

His lips tugged into a downwards smile before I looked back at the two cheaters.

I decided to forget the two of them and get what I came here for. But I can barely take a step into the closet before Eric's nasty voice fills the room.

"I swear to god Emery, you better not lay a hand on her." he said, stepping into front of her.

My head is quick to spin back to him.

There's no way he just said that.

"You're kidding right?" I ask a rhetorical question. "I could care less about you two right now."

I take another step forwards and I can see Eric's posture straighten. I hear a footstep behind me but I ignore it.

"So this is where you've been. Why you've been so distant. All because you're screwing my friend's girlfriend." I take another step closer.

I feel a hand in my shoulder, gently pulling me back. "Em." I heard a voice that in the moment just got me more aggravated.

I turn around and find Jackson giving me a weary look. Almost telling me I shouldn't do anything.

But what the fuck does he know? This has nothing to do with him.

I whack his hand away and turn my attention back to the others. I take a heavy step towards Eric and now I'm no more than two feet in front of him.

"I hope she was worth it you asshole." I mutter.

His expression changes and he's giving the same annoyed look that I'm no doubt giving him.

Taking another step in his direction I lean around him to see Summer. She had a grin. A fucking grin plastered across her face.

God, I just want to slap it off of her.

Without knowing I must've taken another step because the moment I felt Eric's hands on my shoulders, they stayed there, before pushing me back.

"I told you to not come any closer." he spits.

I shove his hands off me and give him the deadliest look possible. I was about to lose it, my final strand of patience wearing off.

"Don't fucking touch her again." A low voice somehow carrying a tone of authority booked through.

I turned around, shocked at who uttered those words. I could barely process that it was Jackson before he had walked in front of me.

Nudging me back I could see the look on Eric's face. His eyes had widened and his body tensed.

Jackson reached up and grabbed a roll of paper towels. "You two are pathetic." he mutters, handing me the paper towels.

Turning around I take one final breath and...let it go?

That's rare.

I never let shit like this go. But somehow, Jackson said what needed to be said. And I had no intention of interacting with them ever again.