Sakata Gintoki x Reader: Anything

"I'm Yorozuya Sakata Gintoki, and I'll do anything for money."

That was the first thing Gin ever said to her. If she remembered correctly, Kagura smacked him soon after, and Shinpachi gave him a lecture about being polite to customers. Even so, it stuck in (F/N)'s mind.

That day, Shinpachi had found her hesitating outside the door, hand poised to knock. She remembered finding the Yorozuya to be an odd bunch, but kind people nonetheless. She wanted their help finding evidence against a creepy guy who'd been stalking her the past several months. It wound up being an easy task (apparently they had quite a bit of experience with stalkers), and afterwards, she bought them all parfaits at the local diner.

Though she had no reason to, she continued to visit them for years, bringing baked goods or conversation. She genuinely liked the Yorozuya, she'd decided. They were good people.

And out of all of them, she especially liked Gintoki.

~o0o~

"(L/N)-san, is everything all right? You aren't eating very much."

(F/N) flinched, forcing a smile from her seat at Otose's bar.

"It's fine, Shinpachi-kun," she insisted. "Thank you, though."

Shinpachi frowned, shooting her a dubious expression, only to quickly get distracted by Kagura upturning an entire rice cooker into her mouth. They'd been at the bar for the past hour, and Otose was quickly growing annoyed.

"Oi!" she snapped, snatching the empty cooker out of Kagura's hands. "When are you people gonna stop treating this place like your personal clubhouse? You're scaring away my customers!"

"What are you talking about, old hag?" Gin demanded. "Nobody ever comes here, anyway!"

"Not when you're around, that's for sure!" Otose smacked him over the head with a paper fan. "Now pay up! You owe me a pretty penny for all the service I give you!"

Gin paled, and (F/N)'s stomach suddenly felt less than happy. Hesitantly, she rose to her feet, and bowed to Otose."

"Sorry to bother you," she mumbled. "I'll be going then."

"No, no," Otose said, "you can stay. It's these idiots I don't want in here." She shook Gin's collar. "They never pay!"

(F/N) flinched, and Gin narrowed his eyes.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?"

She took a step back. "What are you talking about? I'm fine!"

He rose to his feet, and stepped forwards. (F/N) stepped back, only to promptly bump into the wall. Before she knew what was happening, he was pinning her against the wall, face only inches from hers.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

(F/N) averted her gaze, trying to ignore how smooth his skin was, and the fluffiness of his hair.

"I...I lost my job..."

"I see..." He drew back, only to sling an arm around her shoulders. "In that case, I guess you're just gonna have to join the Yorozuya."

Kagura cheered, and (F/N) felt a smile tugging at her lips, only to freeze.

"Wait a minute..." she muttered. "Have you ever paid your employees?"

Gin went still, arm still around her shoulders, and Shinpachi and Kagura's dark auras rose. Meanwhile, Otose chuckled, and stepped out from behind the counter.