Part 1

This story is going to be just like the classic Cinderella story but with a few changes. 😉

It was 6am when Meredith woke up. She got out of bed and made her way to the kitchen.

She made 3 cups of tea and placed them on the table along with some toast, fruits and jams.

She had another half an hour before everyone would wake up so she decided to clean.

After grabbing a bucket of water and a scrubber, she went to the main hall and started washing the floor. She didn't hear anyone came down the stairs so when one of her stepsisters kicked over the water she immediately looked up.

"Your in my way." Jo walked past and headed for the kitchen.

Meredith hated it there. She wanted to leave so badly but she promised her father to look after the house.

She continued cleaning when the doorbell rang. She ran to the door and opened it not expecting anyone.

She was shocked when she saw royal guards.

"Every lady in the kingdom has been invited to a ball being held in 4 days." The guard spoke.

Meredith heard her stepsisters giggling behind her and her stepmother shoved her out the way.

She hit the wall behind her and stayed quiet.

Once the royal guards left the stepmother slammed the door.

"D-do you think I could go?" Meredith asked quietly.

"You!? Go to a ball? You have ash on your face and your clothes are rags." Her stepmother yelled.

"I-I do have one dress.." she looked down fiddling with her fingers. Her stepmother grabbed her chin and lifted it up.

"You are not going! Now finish cleaning." She walked off, her stepsisters following.

Meredith felt like crying. She walked outside to the farm and fed the animals. She always felt better after seeing them.