i lean against the door and he stands in front of me, staring down at my face.

"is that biased because i'm your girlfriend?", i question, sarcastically.

he slowly kisses my lips, "definitely."

i use my hands to open the door and i push my back against it. as i open it, i turn around and pause in awe of the room.

the room is painted a light gray. the sheer white curtains and the white furniture add a sense of modern style to the room. and of course, my eyes instantly notice the taylor swift vinyls that hang on the wall.

i walk over to them and look at them with adoration. i was never able to afford to buy one...and now i have all of them.

"how-"

"my parents know some folks.", liam chuckles and i widen my eyes.

the bed is a queen sized bed with white sheets and a fluffy gray comforter. the room holds an egg chair in the corner with purple pillows to embellish it.

i carefully sit on the bed, running my hands through the gray fluff. he sits next to me and i lean my head on him.

"do you like it?"

"i love it.", i assure him, "thank you...you really went all out."

"i wanted to make you two happy. it's my first priority now that you're my girlfriend and jeremiah's like a little brother."

i feel my heart warm up and he puts his arm around me. a knock on the door makes me sit up and i see two unfamiliar faces. a shorter, blonde haired woman with black glasses that frame her face and she stands next to a taller, dark haired guy with a darker beard and kind eyes. they both have sweet smiles on their faces which is something i don't recognize from adults.

"sorry...did we interrupt?", the woman asks.

we shake our heads and stand up. i follow liam towards them and nervously stand there next to him.

"nini...these are my parents.", he says.

i smile at them and reach my hand out. the woman waves her hands at me and brings me into a hug. i'm taken aback but slowly melt into her arms. i've never gotten a hug from a mother.

she pulls away and looks at me with a big smile.

"you're a beautiful young lady.", she smiles, "my name is emma, this is my husband james."

i smile at them both, nodding my head, "i'm nini...my little brother in there is jeremiah. thank you guys...for taking us in."

"it's not a problem, truly. you're part of the family now.", james says.

"we'll let you get settled...please don't be afraid to ask us about anything.", emma says before the couple walks away and down the stairs.

i turn to face liam in somewhat shock, "you're parents...are extremely nice."

he frowns at me and pulls me into a hug. i shut my eyes in the comfort of his embrace, my arms around his torso.

"you're gonna be okay.", he states.

i feel the tears roll out of my eyes and i sniffle, my congested nose making noise. he slightly pulls away and looks down at me. when he notices my tears soaking his shirt, he pulls me closer and leans his chin on my head. his hand caresses the back of my head as i just cry into his chest.

"hey hey hey...you're gonna get through this.", he quietly talks, "you're a strong, beautiful, and incredible young woman."

i pull my head away from his chest and hide my face in my hands. he moves my hands out of the way and i look away in embarrassment. he uses his hands to guide my face straight and he wipes my tears away.