twenty four

HELLOOO

i must say...i think i'm good at writing depressing stories?

ENJOYYYY

"what? by who?", i immediately answer.

she glances back to the monitor, "alison roberts?"

my heart sinks and i take in a deep breath.

"can you please take her and brett roberts off of the emergency card and off the pick up list.", i kindly ask.

"you need at least two emergency contacts...you would only have gina porter.", she tells me and i let out a breath.

"can i give you information to someone else?", i ask and she nods, "liam casalengo."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i push through the exit doors of the schools office and run to my car. my breathing is short and shaky and my hands are trembling. i slam my car door shut and immediately call both liam and gina.

"hello?", they both answer at the same time.

"p-please go to my house right now. i'm on my way but it'll take me like ten minutes and- and i can't—"

"nini what happened?", gina urgently asks.

"i-i think my parents took jeremiah.", i say, feeling my stomach go empty.

"we'll go right now don't worry.", she responds, leaving the call.

i notice liam stays on the call as i pull out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"hey nini...listen to my voice, take a deep breath, okay?", he speaks and i can hear his car engine start.

i stop at a red stoplight and shut my eyes quickly, taking in a breath of air and letting it out.

"drive carefully please...we'll be there soon.", he tells me.

"w-what if they've done something to him...", i speak quietly, my lip quivering with fear.

he goes silent and i finally step on the gas, racing towards the house.

"we're here. i gotta run but i'll see you in a second.", he says and the call ends.

i turn a couple more corners before pulling in front of my house. i see both of their cars in the driveway and i quickly get out. gina and liam are pounding on the front door and i run up to them.

they step aside as i whip out my house key, struggling to put it into the hole with my shaking hands. i get frustrated and toss the key down to the floor, grunting.

liam bends down and grabs the key, putting it in the key hole. he opens the door and all three of us walk inside.

my parents are standing in the doorway, almost as if they were waiting for us. my mind goes confused on how they're even inside the house.

"why are you here?", i ask, "how'd you even get in?"

"spare key.", my mom answers, holding it in her hand.

"i don't want you here.", i tell them, "leave."

they shake their heads and i step closer to them.

"leave. you don't deserve to live in this house. you don't deserve to live a good life because of everything i do! i can't live my life because i'm too busy worrying about the next time you're gonna hit your child! or the next time you're gonna call me to pick you up from the police station! i mean are you serious?!"