𝙩𝙚𝙣;

Warning(s): swearing, angst, hermione slander, slurs, whore calling, horcruxed!eve

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 - 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬"

𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 been said since Ron left us. The three of us were going on the move again, but before we did, Hermione tied a red scarf to a tree to signal to my ginger brother, had he returned, that we had left the area and don't plan on returning. I stood with Harry as she did that and joined us in apparating away to our new location and camp for a little while. This new place was higher off the the ground, a rocky hillside where we would blend into the terrain around us. Harry goes to begin the protecting enchantments and Hermione breaks from my grip to stumble away sobbing to start on the tent. Harry was okay by himself, but I knew Hermione would need help.

It was visible that she was getting agitated with the fabric that draped over the frames as she could see the creases could be a problem. "Hermione!" I soothe. "Let me help, okay?" She looked at me sadly and nodded. I got my wand out and used a spell to 'iron' out the big creases. "And here I was thinking that I was the drama queen, H." I try cracking a joke but she was still drowning in sadness. "He'll be back, Hermione. I don't know when, or where we'll be, but he'll return to us once he realises that he's being more than over reactive." "You think so?" she sniffles. "Yes." I nod certainly. "You know Ron, he can be stubborn and dramatic, but he was placed in Gryffindor for a reason; loyalty." She cracks a sad smile, at least it was a smile. "See? I love your smile, hearty, and I wanna see it more now." "I can't keep any promises." she whispers. "That's okay, as long as you try." I nod enthusiastically. The two of us continue on to make the tent to distract for a little while of the reality of this world.

***

"𝐄𝐯𝐞." 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲'𝐬 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐬 my attention away from my book. I knew what he wanted so I silently nodded and closed my book after slipping the book mark into the spine nook. I stand from the small chair and brush past him before going outside and taking watch fro the three of us... three that used to be four. It really was starting to get chilly outside now, Christmas was upon us soon; I shoved my hands into my hoodie pockets to stay cooler, but something rough touched my hand, understandably, this confused me. I pulled it out and found it was an old Polaroid image, I slowly unfolded the image to see its contents.

It was me and my dad after Christmas of 1995; the year Coolio gained popularity through Gangsta's Paradise and Queen released Made in Heaven. We both look so happy, we didn't know what would happen 6 months later. I wish I could go back to that day, it was the final day we had a loving hug, it was the final day we both told each other that we loved one another, and it was the final day we laughed together. No matter how hard I wish, I will never get those times again. I'm thankful for my uncles, but they're not my dad - you only get one, and my one is gone.