Chapter 19

"Knight you're being ridiculous." Delilah huffed, feeling like she was talking to a brick wall.

"The only thing that's ridiculous is you thinking you're going to school tomorrow," Knight replied crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair at the dinner table.

It was Sunday night and Kight's dad Mike had made them all dinner. Delilah was enjoying the family dinner and light conversation in the main house when Sophie asked if anything fun was happening at school the next day. Instead of answering Knight freaked out and claimed that they were not going to school and that Delilah didn't need the extra stress after the weekend she had.

"Knight, there is no reason for me not to go to school tomorrow. I'm not sick or injured." Delilah argued.

"Oh, so what would you call the bruise on the side of your face then if not an injury?" Knight replied glaring at the bruise she got Friday night.

"You and I both know that I am fine, the doctor you forced into checking me over said I was completely fine. No concussion and no reason not to go to school." Delilah continued to stand her ground, she missed real school for the first 17 years of her life, no way was she missing it now for silly reasons.

"Delilah's right honey, I know you are just trying to protect her but you can't keep her locked up. She is perfectly fine to go to school and you will have Dean and Max there all day as well." Sophie interjected thankfully taking her side.

She could tell Knight wasn't completely sold yet and was about to argue more when Mike cut in, "Son, let it go you aren't gonna win this one and you should pick your battles." He advised

Knight exhaled slowly still looking annoyed "Fine, we will go to school bu-"

"but I have to stay by your side the whole time, I know the rules. Besides we have all the same classes together. When would I possibly be out of your sight?" Delilah rolled her eyes.

"When did you learn to be so sassy, I blame Eva she's a bad influence," Knight replied sounding a little amused despite his words.

"I'm sure she will be delighted you think so," Delilah responded smiling.

"Sophie, why don't you show Delilah the new outfits you bought today," Mike suggested now that the school thing seemed to be resolved.

Sophie beamed and latched onto Delilah's arm and began pulling her out of her chair. "Oh, I almost forgot! I was at a mall today and I saw the most darling outfits, I always wanted a daughter to shop for so I couldn't help myself from buying some things for you. Let me show them to you, I hope you love them!" Sophie babbled as they made their way up the stairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you sent them away just so you can tell me I'm acting crazy you can save it. I know I'm not being rational but nothing about how I feel for her is rationale just the thought of her getting a paper cut makes me feel sick." Knight told his Dad the minute the girls were out of sight.

"You don't have to tell me, I've been living like that for 30 years. From the minute I met your mom I knew she held my heart and soul and I would give my life for her. I wish I could tell you it gets easier but I think it only gets worse, I swear every time she leaves my sight my heart stops until I see her again." His dad replied his eyes on the stairs his wife just went up.

"Well shit, if that's what I'm in for I'm gonna die of heart failure before I'm 30 because she's already given me a thousand heart attacks in the month that I've known her." He shifted his gaze up the stairs as well.